Influence of aftereffect of different doses of liming and long-term application of mineral fertilizers on agrochemical properties of light-grey forest soil and yield of bird's foot trefoil
Nizhny Novgorod Agricultural Research Institute, v. Selekciya, Nizhny Novgorod region, Russia
Studies are conducted in stationary experiment of Nizhny Novgorod Agricultural Research Institute on the light-grey forest light loamy soil in crops of bird's foot trefoil of the first and second years of use. Effectiveness of systematic application of increasing doses of mineral fertilizers on a background of aftereffect of liming conducted in 1978 with agronomically feasible and elevated doses (0.5 to 2.5 of hydrolityc acidity) was studied. Phosphorus-potassium fertilizers (Р40К60, Р80К120, Р120К180) were used for early spring feeding of Lotus horned. It is established that the application of mineral fertilizers on the background of long-term aftereffect of liming contributed to preservation of soil fertility, increase of yield of dry matter of Lotus. In 2012 dry matter yield was changed for different variants from 4.23 t/ha in the variant P120K180 + 0.5 lime to 6.79 t/ha in the variant Р40К60+ 2.5 lime. In the second year of use (2013) a steady increase in dry matter yield up to 8.86 t/ha (variant P120K180 + 2.5 lime) has been noted with increasing of fertilizer doses. There was a reliable increase in acidity with increasing doses of mineral fertilizers and in first experimental dose (P40K60) as well as in control the soil was estimated as middle-acid (4.72, and 4.66 pH units respectively); at entering of higher doses of mineral fertilizers - as strongly acidic (4.46 and 4.26 pH units). Plant of Lotus of first year of use reacted by significant reduction in yield (5.9 t/ha in average for variants P40K60 to 4.98 t/ha in average for variants P120K180) on high soil acidity in the variants with high doses of mineral fertilizers. In the second year of use steady increase in dry matter yield (7.0 t/ha in average for variants P40K60 to 8.31 t/ha in average for variants P120K180) was noted with increasing doses of entering fertilizers. Liming held in the first rotation of crop rotation did not have a significant impact on the soil content of mobile forms of phosphorus and potassium in the 5th rotation of crop rotation. The accumulation of nutrients increased with increasing doses of mineral fertilizers and reached towards non-fertilized background for phosphorus 7-44%, for potassium - 6-84%.
Keywords: liming, mineral fertilizers, light-grey forest soil, productivity, Lotus horned, agrochemical properties, soil acidity
1. Shil'nikov I.A. Agrokhimmelioratsiya – osnova dlya primeneniya udobreniy. [Agrochemical amelioration is the basis for the application of fertilizers]. Plodorodie. 2006. V. 5. pp. 24-26.
2. Yakovleva L.V. Ekologicheskie aspekty izvestkovaniya dernovo-podzolistykh pochv Severo-Zapada Rossii [Ecological aspects of liming of sod-podzolic soils of North-West Russia]. DCs Thesis Abstract. Saint-Petersburg - Pushkin, 2009. 45 p.
3. Mitrofanova E.M. Dinamika obmennykh osnovaniy i kislotnosti dernovo-podzolistoy pochvy Predural'ya. [Dynamics of exchangeable bases and acidity of sod-podzolic soils of PredUral]. Agrarnyy vestnik Urala. 2009. V. 5. pp. 64-67.
4. Tumasova M.I., Gripas' M.N., Ustyuzhanin I.A. Tekhnologiya vozdelyvaniya lyadventsa rogatogo na korm i semena. [Technology of cultivation of bird'sfood trefoil for fodder and seeds]. Kirov: NIISkH of North-East, 2004. 51 p.
5. Titova V.I., Shafronov O.D., Varlamova L.D. Fosfor v zemledelii Nizhegorodskoy oblasti. [Phosphorus in agriculture of Nizhny Novgorod region]. N. Novgorod: Publishing house of VVACS, 2005. 219 p.