Promising growth regulators on seed potatoes under conditions of Kostroma region
Nikolaev A.V., PhD in agriculture, associate professor, leading researcher,
Cheremin G.E., senior researcher,
Lubimskaya I.G., scientific associate,
Kuznezov S.S., technician,
Prokof'eva O.P., technician
Kostroma scientific and research institute for agriculture, Kostroma, Russia
Study on effectiveness of seven promising growth regulators for growing seed potatoes which were twice treated during growth season was conducted under conditions of the Kostroma region. It was found that on average for 2013-2014 application of the growth regulator Polistin on the variety Udacha significantly increased the number of seed fractions tubers (by 0.8 units/plant); of growth regulators Mival-Agro and Zirkon - the number of tubers of all fractions (by 1.1 to 1.2 units/plant); of growth regulators Mival-Agro, Zirkon, Ecogel, and Epin-Extra - the number of small fraction tubers (by 0.3…0.8 units/plant) compared to control. Use of growth regulators Artafit, Albit, Zirkon, Ecogel, and Epin-Extra on the variety Skarb significantly increased the number of seed fractions tubers (by 0.8 to 1.2 units/plant); of growth regulators Artafit, Albit, Mival-Agro, Zirkon, and Epin-Extra - the number of tubers of all fractions (by 1.1…1.6 units/plant) and number of small fraction tubers (by 0.2 to 0.5 units/plant) compared to control. The greatest increase in yield compared with the control was ensured with growth regulators Mival-Agro, Polistin, and Zirkon on variety Udacha (by 1.8…2.2 t/ha, or 6.8…8.4%); with growth regulators Artafit, Albit, Zirkon, and Epin-Extra on variety Skarb (by 4.1…5.9 t/ha, or 13.8…19.9%). Average for years of research the greatest increase in the number of tubers per 1 ha to control was noted on variety Udacha with use of the growth regulators Polistin (41 thousands of tubers per 1 ha, or 10.8%); on variety Skarb – at spraying of plants with growth regulators Artafit, Albit, Zirkon, Ecogel, and Epin-Extra (43…67 thousands of tubers per 1 ha, or 10.9…17.0%). It is established that the conditions of the year had a definite impact on the effectiveness of growth regulators. Most of the growth regulators had individual selective actions on different varieties of potato.
Keywords: potato, seed breeding, growth regulator, productivity
1. Buldakov S.A. Primenenie regulyatorov rosta v komplekse s fungitsidami na kartofele v zashchishchennom grunte. [Use of growth regulators in complex with fungicides on potato in sheltered ground]. Mirovye geneticheskie resursy kartofelya i ikh ispol'zovanie v sovremennykh napravleniyakh selektsii. Kartofelevodstvo: sb. nauchn. tr. (k 125-letiyu so dnya rozhdeniya N.I. Vavilova). [World genetic resources of potato and their use in modern selection trends. Potato growing: Collected papers. (on Nikolai Vavilov's 125th anniversary)]. Moscow, 2012. pp.180-184.
2. Dudarevich V.D., Bobrik A.O., Romanovsky Ch.A., Sukmanyuk E.A. Vliyanie obrabotki klubney i vegetiruyushchikh rasteniy kartofelya regulyatorami rosta na urozhaynost' i kachestvo semennogo materiala. [Influence of treatment of potato tubers and vegetating plants with growth regulators on yield capacity and seed grain quality]. Kartofelevodstvo: sb. nauch. tr. RUP «Nauch.-prakt. tsentr NAN Belarusi po kartofelevodstvu i plodo-ovoshchevodstvu». [Potato growing: Collected papers. Unitary enterprise of the Republic of Belarus “Theoretical and practical centre of Academy of Sciences of the nation of Belarus on potato, fruit and vegetable growing”]. Minsk, 2011. Vol.19. pp. 414-421.
3. Mitryukova Yu.V., Lednev A.V. Vliyanie regulyatorov rosta na produktivnost' i kachestvo urozhaya sortov kartofelya. [Influence of growth regulators on potato productivity and yield quality]. Kartofelevodstvo: sb. nauch. tr. RUP «Nauch.-prakt. tsentr NAN Belarusi po kartofelevodstvu i plodo-ovoshchevodstvu». [Potato growing: Collected papers. Unitary enterprise of the Republic of Belarus “Theoretical and practical centre of Academy of Sciences of the nation of Belarus on potato, fruit and vegetable growing”]. Minsk, 2010. Vol. 18. pp. 159-165.
4. Emel'yanov A.A. Vliyanie Akvarina, Tsirkona i urovney udobrennosti na sorta kartofelya raznykh grupp sozrevaniya. [Influence of Aquarin, Zirkon and rate of treatment with fertilizers on potato varieties of different ripening groups]. Sovremennoe sostoyanie i perspektivy razvitiya kartofelevodstva. [Modern stage and perspectives of Potato growing development]. Cheboksary: KUP Chuvashskoy Respubliki «Agro-Innovatsii», 2012. S. 213-216.
5. Gosudarstvennyj katalog pestitsidov i agrokhimikatov, razreshennykh k primeneniyu na territorii Rossiyskoj Federatsii na 2015 god. Spravochnik. [State catalogue of pesticides and agrochemicals permitted for use on the territory of the Russian Federation for 2015. Reference book]. Moscow: Agrorus, 2015. 595 p.
6. Metodika issledovaniy po kul'ture kartofelya. [Potato agriculture technique]. Moscow, 1967. 263 p.
7. Dospekhov B.A. Metodika polevogo opyta. [Methods of field experiment]. Moscow: Kolos, 1965. 423 p.