Response of spring barley variety ‘Leon’ on the growth regulators used together with the seed disinfectants
Firsova T.I., PhD in agriculture, head of the laboratory,
Filenko G.A., PhD in agriculture, senior researcher,
Dontsova A.A., PhD in agriculture, head of the laboratory
All-Russian Research Institute of Grain Crops named after I.G. Kalinenko, Zernograd, Rostov region, Russia
The modern technologies of barley growing include grain disinfection as the primary agro method, as sowing quality of seeds greatly influences on the formation of high and stable yields. The article considers the effect of tank mixtures of the disinfectant ‘Vintsit Forte’ with the growth stimulators ‘Fertingrein Start’ and ‘Melafen’ on the elements of structure and productivity of the spring barley variety ‘Leon’. The use of tank mixture of the fungicide ‘Vintsit Forte’ with these growth stimulators has a positive effect on such elements of yield structure as productive tillering and productive plant stand (density) that greatly increases the crop productivity. The tank mixture of the disinfectant ‘Vintsit Forte’ with the growth stimulators ‘Fertingrein Start’ and ‘Melafen’ gave the largest increase of spring barley productivity due to the strengthening of the processes of growth and formation. The use of ‘Fertingrein Start’ and ‘Melafen’ increased the productivity of the crop on 1.4 t/ha (42.4%) and 1.1 t/ha (33.4%) respectively. The seeds disinfected with the mixture ‘Vintsit Forte’+‘Fertingrein Start’ showed the greatest indexes of all qualitative traits (length of head, number of grains per spikelet, weight of head, number of spikelets per head). The economic efficiency of presowing treatment of seeds has been studied as well. The seed treatment with the tank mixture of the growth stimulators ‘Fertingrein Start’ (88.9%) and ‘Melafen’ (76.9%) provided the highest profitability of spring barley production. The results of the study can be recommended to the farmers growing spring barley in the Rostov region.
Keywords: spring barley, productivity, yield structure, treatment of seeds, 1000-grain weight, growth stimulators, disinfectants
1. Filippov E.G., Dontsova A.A., Dontsov D.P. Novye zasukhoustojchivye sorta yarovogo yachmenya [New drought-resistant varieties of spring barley]. Zernovoe khozyaystvo Rossii. 2013. no. 5. pp. 43-45.
2. Firsova T.I., Filenko G.A. Perspektivy elitnogo semenovodstva yarovogo yachmenya v Rostovskoj oblasti [Prospects of elite seed-growing of spring barley in the Rostov region]. Agrarnyy Vestnik Urala. 2015. no. 7. pp. 25-29.
3. Markova I.N., Smutnev P.A., Pitonya V.N. Protravlivanie semyan rannikh yarovykh kul'tur kak sposob povysheniya produktivnosti v usloviyakh nizhnego Povolzh'ya. [Disinfection of early spring crop seeds as a method of increase of productivity in the conditions of Nizhnee Povolzhie]. Izvestiya Nizhnevolzhskogo agrouniversitetskogo kompleksa. 2014. no. 1. pp. 12-17.
4. Metlina G.V., Vasil'chenko S.A. Vliyanie biopreparatov na produktivnost' sorgo zernovogo v yuzhnoj zone Rostovskoj oblasti [Effect of bioprepara-tions on productivity of grain sorghum in the south of the Rostov region]. Zernovoe khozyaystvo Rossii. 2013. no. 1. pp. 70-72.
5. Churilina V.Yu., Gabdulov M.A., Latnikova L.V., Berezovskaya K.S. Protravlivanie semyan – vazhnyj etap zashchity [Seed disinfection is an important way of plant protection]. Vestnik APK Stavropol'ya. 2014. no. 3. pp. 188-191.