The adaptive potential of hard winter wheat varieties
Dubinina O.A., Senior researcher,
Vozhzhova N.N., PhD in agriculture, researcher
All-Russian Research Institute of Grain Crops, Zernograd, Rostov region, Russia
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
The article describes the parameters of ecological plasticity and stability of characteristic "productivity" in hard winter wheat. Under conditions of the Rostov region hard winter wheat varieties breeding All-Russian Research Institute of Grain Crops: Donskoy Yantar’, Aksinit, Kurant, Agat donskoy, Amazonka, Lazurit, Kristella, Kiprida, Oniks were studied with green manure fallow predecessor in 2010…2015. Variety Donchanka was used as standard. The studies revealed that the average yield in the trials ranged from 5.9 t/ha at variety Donchanka up to 7.2 t/ha at variety Lazurit. The maximum yield for the period of studies was observed at Aksinit (9.8 t/ha). The most stable variety is Kurant which has a low coefficient of variation (CV = 7.8%), and regression coefficient (bi = -1.4). A Kristella had the highest coefficient of variation among the studied varieties (CV = 23.9%). We define a linear regression coefficient (bi) which is less than 1. These genotypes form stable yields under adverse growing conditions. By the method of two-way analysis of variance on parameter "productivity" it was found that the dispersion of "genotype -environment" significantly exceeds the variance of error. Ffactual > Ftheoretical at the sources of variation "variety", "conditions" and "variety-condition". This suggests that varieties respond differently to changes in climatic conditions. In our experiment variety Donchanka was the least responsive; most responsive – variety Lazurit. Varieties Lazurit and Kurant are recommended to growing on the extensive background. Here the highest return could be obtained at the lowest cost.
Keywords: adaptability, hard winter wheat, variety, stability, plasticity, productivity
1. Vozhzhova N.N., Kravchenko N.S. Ekologicheskaya plastichnost' sortov ozimoj myagkoj pshenicy po pokazatelyu «obshchaya khlebopekarnaya ocenka» [Ecological plasticity of soft winter wheat on the trait "general bakery evaluation"]. Zernovoe khozyaystvo Rossii. 2014. no. 1 (31). pp. 22.
2. Samofalova N.E., Dubinina O.A., Ilichkina N.P., Vasyushkina N.E. Urozhajnost' i kachestvo sovremennykh sortov tverdoj ozimoj pshenicy selekcii GNU VNIIZK im. I.G. Kalinenko [Productivity and quality of nowadays varieties of durum winter wheat selected by SSI ARRIGC after I. G. Kalinenko]. Zernovoe khozyaystvo Rossii. 2013. no. 1 (25). pp. 51.
3. Golovchenko A.P., Golovchenko N.P. Otzyvchivost' sortov yarovoy myagkoy pshenitsy na faktory vneshney sredy po kachestvu zerna. [Responsiveness of spring soft wheat varieties on the environmental factors by the grain quality]. Materialy Mezhdun. Nauchno-prakt. Konferen. [Proceedings of the international scientific-practical conference]. Samara, 2005. pp. 26-24.
4. Agafonov E.V., Poluektov E.V. Pochvy i udobreniya Rostovskoy oblasti: Uchebnoe posobie. 2-e izd. [Soil and fertilizer in Rostov region: Tutorial: 2nd edition]. Persianovka: Don GAU, 1999. 90 p.
5. Metodika gosudarstvennogo sortoispytaniya sel'skokhozyaystvennykh kul'tur: Zernovye, krupyanye, zernobobovye, kukuruza i kormovye kul'tury. [Methodology of state variety testing of crops. Issue 2: Grain, groats, legumes, maize and fodder crops]. Gosagroprom. Vyp. 2. Moscow, 1989. 194 p.
6. Dospekhov B.A. Metodika polevogo opyta. [Methods of field experiment]. Moscow: Agropromizdat, 1985. 350 p.
7. Pakudin V.Z., Lopatina L.M. Metody otsenki ekologicheskoy plastichnosti sortov sel'skokhozyaystvennykh rasteniy. [Methods of assessment of the ecological plasticity and stability of crop varieties]. Moscow, 1971. pp. 113-121.
8. Bebyakin V.M., Kedrova L.I., Kerivatova T.B. Adaptivnost': metodicheskie podkhody, metody i kriterii ikh ocenki [Adaptability: methodological approaches, methods and evaluation criteria]. Agrarnaya nauka Evro-Severo-Vostoka. 2005. no. 7. pp. 4-9.