Dairy efficiency and technological properties of red-and-white cows of povolzh'e type
Velmatov A.P., DSc in agriculture, head of department,
Guryanov A.M., DSc in agriculture, director,
Malkin М.N., post-graduate student, associate researcher,
Tishkina T.N., post-graduate student, associate researcher,
Velmatov A.A., PhD in agriculture, resercher
Mordovia Agricultural Research Institute, Saransk, Republic of Mordovia, Russia
The purpose of research is to study milk production and technological properties of red-and-white cows which have been bred within its own genotype. Two groups of heifers with 18 animals in each were selected for the experiment. The structure of the first group consisted of the second-generation hybrids (1/4 RW + 3/4 RWH). The second group consisted of hybrids of the second generation (1/4 RW +3/4 RWH) obtained from bred within its own genotype. Crossbred animals breded within its own genotype yielded 6263 kg of milk for the first lactation which is 456 kg higher compared with the same age cows breded ordinary. Significant differences between the groups have been identified by the output of milk fat – 23.8 kg (P < 0.001) and by milk protein – 17.4 kg (P < 0.01). According to the exterior linear estimation sufficiently aligned results with low variability are marked. So animals belong to dairy body type and with good feeding and keeping can be used in selection for more efficient use of breed capacity in desirable direction, i.e. in the direction of pelvis width increasing and strong constitution. The data indicate that the cows generally have cup-shaped (54.2…66.6%) and bath-shaped (23.3…38.8%) udders. Cow's udder is firmly attached to the body, with conspicuous mammary veins, covered with a thin elastic skin. Cows practically does not have udder lobulation, udder bottom is mainly horizontal. According to the intensity of milk flow group differences amounted to 0.2 kg / min (P < 0.01) in favor of the animals breded within its own breed. Therefore, both groups of animals are characterized by good morphological and functional properties of the udder and are ideally suited to the currently applied milking technology.
Keywords: red-and-white breed, Povolzh'e type, milk production, udder shape, exterior, milk flow intensity
1. Vel'matov A.P., Gur'yanov A.M., Kharitonov D.N., Vel'matov A.A. Ispol'zovanie golshtinskikh proizvoditeley gollandskoy i datskoy selektsii pri sovershenstvovanii krasno-pestrogo skota. [Using Holstein producers of Dutch and Danish breeding in improving the red and white cattle]. Agrarnaya nauka Evro-Severo-Vostoka. 2009. № 1. pp. 85-89.
2. Dunin I.M., Bal'tsanov A.I., Ryzhova N.G. i dr. Sozdanie povolzhskogo tipa krasno-pestroy porody molochnogo skota: metodicheskie rekomendatsii. [Creating a Povolzh'e-type red-motley breed of dairy cattle: guidelines]. Moscow: Izd-vo VNIIplem, 2010. pp. 37-41.
3. Neyaskin N.N. Khozyaystvennye i biologicheskie osobennosti krasno-pestrogo skota i ikh pomesey, poluchennykh ot golshtinskikh bykov gollandskoy selektsii: avtoref. dis.... kand. s.-kh. nauk. [Economic and biological characteristics of red-motley cattle and hybrids derived from Holstein bulls Dutch selection: Author's abstract of PhD Thesis in agriculture]. Saransk, 2011. 20 p.
4. Vel'matov A.P., Andreev O.D. i dr. Produktivnost' i kachestvo moloka korov krasno-pestroy porody razlichnogo proiskhozhdeniya. [Efficiency and quality of milk of red-motley cows breed of different origin]. Glavnyy zootekhnik. 2012. no. 2. pp. 32-35.
5. Pravila otsenki teloslozheniya docherey bykov-proizvoditeley molochno-myasnykh porod. SNPlem R 10-96 (utverzhdeny Departamentom zhivotnovodstva i plemennogo dela Minsel'khozproda Rossii 14.06.1996 g.) [Rules of estimation of body habit of daughters of servicing bulls of milk-meat breeds. SNPlem Р 10-96 (approved by department of catle breeding of Minselkhozprod of Russia in 14.06.1996)].
6. Metodicheskie ukazaniya «Otsenka vymeni i molokootdachi korov molochnykh, molochno-myasnykh porod». [Methodical guide «Estimation of udder and milk-flow at milk and milk-meat cows breeds»]. Moscow: VASKhNIL, 1985. 36 p.
7. Merkur'eva E.K. Biometriya v selektsii i genetike sel'skokhozyaystvennykh zhivotnykh. [Biometry in breeding and genetics of agricultural animals]. Moscow: Kolos, 1970. 365 p.
8. Vel'matov A.P., Vel'matov A.A., Panin V.N., Tikhov E.A., Vavakin M.V. Lineynye pokazateli ekster'ernogo tipa korov razlichnoy krovnosti. [Linear performance of exterior type at cows of different bloody]. Novoe v kormlenii i razvedenii s.-kh. zhivotnykh. Saransk, 2003. pp. 4-6.
9. Gur'yanov A.M., Vel'matov A.P. Lineynaya otsenka ekster'era zhivotnykh krasno-pestroy porody. [Linear score exterior of animals of red-motley breed]. Doklady RASKhN. 2005. no. 4. pp. 4-7.
10. Vel'matov A.A., Lomanov V.N., Tishkina T.N., Vel'matov A.P., Erofeev V.I. Realizatsiya potentsiala molochnoy produktivnosti krasno-pestrogo i simmental'skogo skota avstriyskoy selektsii raznykh genotipov. [Realizing of potential milk production by red-motley and Simmental cattle of Austrian breeding of different genotypes]. Glavnyy zootekhnik. 2015. no. 5-6. pp. 3-10.
11. Vel'matov A.P., Gur'yanov A.M., Vel'matov A.A., Neyaskin A.A., Tishkina T.N. Nauchno-prakticheskie osnovy vyvedeniya Povolzhskogo tipa krasno-pestrogo skota. [Scientific and practical bases of breeding of Povolzh'e type of red-motley cattle]. Dostizheniya nauki i tekhniki APK. 2015. no. 3. pp. 42-45.