Effectiveness of the using scheme for bactocellolaktin in prophylaxis of respiratory and gastrointestinal diseases in calves and weaned piglets
Latushkina N.А., associated researcher,
Ivanovsky A.А., DSc in veterinary, head of laboratory
North-East Agricultural Research Institute, Kirov, Russia
The paper presents materials on the effect of probiotic bactocellolaktin (BCL) for the prevention of respiratory and gastrointestinal diseases in calves and weaned piglets. The experiments were conducted on two-month-old weaned piglets of Large White pigs and one-month- age calves of black-motley breed. The calves were distributed into 2 groups: control (20 goals) and test (40 goals). In the experimental group, BCL was administered orally at a dose 10.0 ml individually via syringe 1 times a day for a month. In the control, calves received a traditional diet without additives. Piglets were selected based on analogue: 100 goals both in test and control groups. In the test group, BCL inputted in the diet of pigs in the group by a dose of 5.0 ml per animal, 1 time a day for a month. The control pigs received a traditional diet without additives. Blood was investigated before and after the experiments: the number of erythrocytes, leukocytes and hemoglobin was estimated. After that, the animals were followed for an additional 30 days. Experiments carried out under industrial conditions in calves and weaned piglets had ahown that probiotic preparation BCL used at the recommended doses (10.0 ml for calves and 5.0 ml for piglets) in accordance with the proven scheme reduces the incidence of young cattle and pigs by 10-14%; and the effectiveness of prevention against respiratory and gastrointestinal diseases is within the range 90-98%. Thus maintaining in the test groups reaches 100%, whereas 90% - in control. The tested blood parameters were within normal limits.
Keywords: Bactocellolaktin, probiotics, calves, pigs, blood parameters, respiratory diseases, gastrointestinal diseases, prevention effectiveness
1. Fedorov Yu.N. Immunoprofilaktika bolezney novorozhdennykh telyat. [Immunization diseases of newborn calves]. Veterinariya. 1996. no. 11. pp. 3-6.
2. Plyashchenko S.I., Sidorov V.T. Estestvennaya rezistentnost' organizma zhivotnykh. [The natural resistance of animals]. Leningrad: Kolos, 1979. 182 p.
3. Antipov V.A. Ispol'zovanie probiotikov v zhivotnovodstve. [Using of probiotics in animal]. Veterinariya. 1991. no. 4. pp. 55-58.
4. Danilevskaya N.V. Farmakologicheskie aspekty primeneniya probiotikov. [Pharmacological aspects of probiotics use]. Veterinariya. 2005. no. 11. pp. 6-9.
5. Zhdanov P.I. Primenenie sporobakterina dlya povysheniya sokhrannosti i produktivnosti sviney. [Application of sporobacterin for enhances security and productivity in pigs]. Veterinariya. 2004. no. 11. pp. 36-37.
6. Sidorov M.A., Subbotin V.V., Danilevskaya N.V. Normal'naya mikroflora zhivotnykh i ee korrektsiya probiotikami. [Normal microflora of animals and its correction with probiotics]. Veterinariya. 2000. no. 11. pp. 20.
7. Ivanovskiy A.A., Timkina E.Yu., Markova I.S. Vliyanie probiotikov, bioinfuzina i fitokompleksa FANT na sostoyanie krovi suporosnykh svinomatok. [Influence of pro-biotics, and Bioinfusin phytocomplex FANT on the blood status of pregnant sows]. Agrarnaya nauka Evro-Severo-Vostoka. 2013. no. 3 (34). pp. 52-56.
8. Pilip L.V., Kopylov S.N., Ivanovskiy A.A. Rekomendatsii po primeneniyu probiotika rumenofit i kormovoy dobavki "Yantar'" dlya profilaktiki zheludochno-kishechnykh zabolevaniy u porosyat. [Recommendations for use of probiotic feed additive rumenofit and "Yantar" for the prevention of gastrointestinal diseases in pigs]. Kirov: VGSKhA, 2005. 22 p.
9. Ivanovskiy A.A., Kuznetsova N.V., Pono-marev I.N., Timkina E.Yu. Deystvie baktotsellolaktina na sviney. [Action of bactocellolaktin on pigs]. Dostizheniya nauki i tekhniki APK. 2008. no. 12. pp. 42-44.
10. Ivanovskiy A.A., Kopylov S.N., Beloryb-kina O.V. Rekomendatsii po primeneniyu rumenofita dlya profilaktiki i terapii diareynogo sindroma u telyat. Metodicheskoe posobie. [Recommendations for use of rumenofit for prevention and treatment of diarrheal syndrome in calves. Toolkit]. Kirov: VGSKhA, 2006. pp. 16.
11. Ivanovskiy A.A., Logunova O.N. Sposob polucheniya preparata immunomodulyatora. [Method of obtaining of immunomodulator preparation]. Patent RF. no. 2100028. 1997.
12. Eremina I.A., Kriger O.V. Laboratornyy praktikum po mikrobiologii: Uchebnoe posobie. [Laboratory practicum on microbiology]. Kemerovskiy tekhnologicheskiy institut pishchevoy promyshlennosti. Kemerovo, 2005. 112 p.