Influence of agro-meteo-conditions on main economically valuable parameters in long-fibred flax
Koshcheeva N.S., head of laboratory,
Lyskova I.V., PhD in agriculture, head of laboratory,
Kraeva S.N., associate researcher
Falenki Breeding Station, c. Falenki, Kirov region, Russia
Results of studying influence of agrometeoconditions on the basic economically valuable parameters (productivity, content of fibre and its quality) of long-fibred flax in the east of the central agroclimatic zone of the Kirov region during 2001 … 2015 are stated in the article. For last 15 years, a tendency is observed of increase of a temperature mode and decrease in an amount of precipitation in May, i.e. during the period «sowing - seedling» that extended approach of a phase "seedlings". The period of fast growth of long-fibred flax's plants in the conditions of Falenki Plant-Breeding Station fall at June. Productivity of straw and fiber in long-fibred flax is considerably reduced with short-term droughts if they coincided with this period. The lack of moisture in June has been noted in 33.3% of years of researches. Essential correlations of productivity parameters of varietal collection of long-fibred flax with hydrothermal factor of June are established. The technical height of plants depended on agro-meteorological conditions in period of fast growth (r = 0.81), productivity of straw and accordingly productivity of a fibre (r = 0.71), and duration of the growing season (r = 0.54). The sums of effective temperatures have render negative influence on the content of fibre and its quality (flexibility and durability) (r = -0.15; -0.60; -0.36 accordingly). Optimum conditions of development of economically valuable parameters of long-fibred flax on the sum of effective temperatures and a GTK have developed in 2009 - the sum of effective temperatures for the growing season has made 1205 ºС, GTK - 1,49. Samples of domestic breeding were selected by yield of seed, straw, and fibre– Jubilejnyj-87, G-4254, АР4, АР5, АР6 (Research institute of flax);– Pskovskij 93, Antej (Pskov Agricultural Research Institute); TOST 4 (Siberian research institute of agriculture and peat); Dashkovsky 2, Stroitel', Soglasie, Start (Belarus); Rushnichok (Ukraine).
Keywords: variety, productivity, contents of fibre, durability, flexibility, sum of effective temperatures, hydrothermal coefficient
1. Ponazhev V.P. Sovremennye problemy povysheniya konkurentosposobnosti produktsii l'na-dolguntsa i rol' selektsii v ikh reshenii. [Modern problems of increase of competitiveness of long-fibred flax production and role of breeding in their decision]. V sb.: Selektsiya l'na-dolguntsa – vazhneyshiy faktor povysheniya konkurento-sposobnosti produktsii l'novodstva. [Breeding of long-fibred flax - the major factor of increase of competitiveness of flax production]. Pskov, 2005. 60 p.
2. Shchennikova I.N. Vliyanie pogodnykh usloviy na rost i razvitie rasteniy yachmenya v Kirovskoy oblasti. [Influence of weather conditions on growth and development of baley's plants in Kirov region]. Agrarnaya nauka Evro-Severo-Vostoka. 2014. no. 4. pp. 9-13.
3. Zonal'no-adaptivnye tekhnologii proizvodstva l'na-dolguntsa. [Zone-adaptive technologies of long-fibred flax production]. Moscow: FGBNU «Rosinform-agrotekh», 2011. 188 p.
4. Metodicheskie ukazaniya po selektsii l'na-dolguntsa. [Methodical instructions on long-fibred flax breeding]. Moscow, 2004. 43 p.
5. Metodicheskie ukazaniya po provedeniyu polevykh opytov so l'nom-dolguntsom. [Methodical instructions on carrying out of field experiments with long-fibred flax]. Torzhok, 1978. 72 p.
6. Metodiki tekhnologicheskoy otsenki produktsii l'na i konopli. [Methods of a technological estimation of production of flax and hemp]. Moscow, 1961. 184 p.
7. Agroklimaticheskie resursy Kirovskoy oblasti. [Agroclimatic resources of Kirov region]. Leningrad: Gidrometizdat, 1974. 112 p.
8. Doronin S.V., Tikhvinskiy S.F. Len-dolgunets. Tekhnologiya vozdelyvaniya i selektsiya. [Long-fibred flax. Technology of cultivation and breeding]. Kirov: VGSKhA, 2003. 112 p.
9. Pavlova L.N., Gerasimova E.G., Rumyantseva V.N. Sovremennoe sostoyanie, napravleniya i perspektivy razvitiya selektsii l'na-dolguntsa vo VNIIL. [Modern stage, directions and perspectives of development of long-fibred flax breeding]. Len – strategicheskaya kul'tura XXI veka (Sostoyanie, problemy i perspektivy razvitiya APK). (Flax – strategic crop of XXI century (State, problems and perspectives of AIC's development). Pskov: Pskovskiy NIISKh, 2015. pp. 15-19.