The influence of crop rotation on soil fertility and yield of spring wheat in forest-steppe zone of the Tuva Republic
Zharova T.F., researcher
Tuva Agricultural Research Institute, Kyzyl, Tuva Republic, Russia
The results of the study on the effects of crop rotation with different kinds of fallows on spring wheat yield on dark brown soils in forest-steppes of Republic of Tuva are presented. It was found that after rotation the humus content increased in crop rotation with green manure fallows (melilot, peas) by 0.6-0.13%; decreased - in grain-fallow control by 0.46% (abs.). Soil supply with labile P2O5 was average in 2006 whereas in 2014 it was extremely low in control crop rotation and grain crop rotation and average in other types of rotation. Supply with exchange K2O increased (from average in 2006 to high in 2014) in grain-fallow and green-manure with manure (30 t/ha) crop rotation. At the precursor "pure fallow" the density of composition in the soil layers 0-10 and 10-20 cm under wheat increased insignificantly by 1.5-3.7 %, in other variants - decreased by 3-8%. The greatest decrease in the soil density (7-8%) was observed in the 0-10 cm layer after green-manure crops. After them the yield of wheat Kantegirskaya 89 was higher by 0.24-0.28 t/ha, Chagytay – 0.10-0,05 t/ha in comparison with pure unfertilized fallow. In rotation with occupied fallow grain exit of Kantegirskaya 89 decreased in comparison with pure fallow by 0.45 t/ha; with green manure fallow – by 0.69-0.73 t/ha; of variety Chagytay respectively by 0.14 and 0.19-0.25 t /ha
Keywords: forest-steppe, spring wheat, dark brown soil, crop rotation, predecessor, pure fallow, green-manure fallow, occupied fallow
1. Savostyanov V.K. Ispol'zovanie zemel' Khakasii i sopredel'nykh territoriy dlya vedeniya zemledeliya. [Land Use of Khakassia and neighboring areas for farming in]. Pochvy Khakasii, ikh ispol'zovanie i okhrana: mat-ly mezhdu-nar. nauchn. konf., posvyashch. 85-letiyu M.G. Tanzybaeva. [Soils of Khakassia, their use and protection: materials of the Intern. Sci. Conf. devoting to 85th anniversary of M.G. Tasyba-ev]. Abakan: OOO «Kooperativ «Zhurnalist», 2012. pp. 199-209.
2. Zhulanova V.N. Agroekologicheskaya otsenka pochv Tuvy: avtoref. dis. … d-ra biol. nauk. [Agroecological assessment of Tuva soils: author's abstract of PhD Thesis]. Moscow, 2013. 46 p.
3. Rudoj N.G. Proizvoditel'naya sposobnost' pochv Prieniseyskoy Sibiri. [Productive capacity of soils of the Yenisei region of Siberia]. Krasnoyarsk: Krasnoyar. gos. agrar. un-t, 2010. 240 p.
4. Ulyanova O.A., Chuprova, V.V., Kurchenko N.L. Povyshenie proizvoditel'noy sposobnosti pochv Krasnoyarskoy lesostepi. [Increase the productive capacity of the soils of the Krasnoyarsk forest-steppe]. Raznoobrazie pochv i bioty Severnoy i Tsentral'noy Azii: mat-ly II mezhdunar. nauch. konf. [Diversity of soils and biota of Northern and Central Asia: materials of the II Intern. scientific Conf.]. Ulan-Ude: Izd-vo BNTs SO RAN, 2011. Vol. 1. pp. 143-144.
5. Seryakova D.G. Udobreniya – zalog vysokikh urozhaev. [Fertilizer – the key to high yields]. Kyzyl: Tuvknigоizdat, 1976. 56 p.
6. Dovban K.I. Zelenoe udobrenie. [Green manure]. Moscow, 1990. 129 p.
7. Sotpa A.S. Vliyanie vidov parov na svoystva temno-kashtanovykh pochv Tyvy i urozhaynost' pshenitsy. [Influence of fallow types on properties of dark-brown soils of Tuva and wheat yield]. Sibirskiy vestnik sel'skokhozyaystvennoy nauki. 2014. no. 3. pp. 12-18.
8. Zharova T.F. Vliyanie predshestvennikov na agrokhimicheskie svoystva temno-kashtanovoy pochvy i urozhaynost' yarovoy pshenitsy. [Influence of predecessors on agrochemical properties of dark-brown soil and productivity of spring wheat]. Sibirskiy vestnik sel'skokhozyaystvennoy nauki. 2015. no. 3. pp. 102-105.
9. Vadyunina A.F., Korchagina Z.A. Metody issledovaniya fizicheskikh svoystv pochv. [Research methods for physical properties of soils]. Moscow: Agropromizdat, 1986. 416 p.
10. Dospekhov B.A. Metodika polevogo opyta. [Technique of field experiment]. Moscow: Kolos, 1979. 416 p.