The use of inbreeding at keeping of farm families of Kostroma breed
Baranova N.S., DSc in agriculture, professor,
Baranov A.V., DSc in biology, professor,
Podrechneva I.U., post-graduate
Kostroma State Agricultural Academy, Karavaevo, Kostroma region
The researches were organized with animals of Kostroma breed in “Experimental farm “Karavaevo”. We analyzed productivity of inbred animals which were getting by selection within lines, crossing lines and family groups, complex inbreeding. The estimation of using inbred bulls on breeding stock in breeding families is done. We marked high rates of milk productivities of animals which were getting in crossing lines and animals which were getting in complex inbreeding in the degree of III-IV, III-IV. However, animals, which were getting in crossing lines exceed outbred animals on highest lactation on 260 kg (р < 0.01) of milk, and animals in complex inbred III-IV; III-IV on first lactation on 648 kg (р < 0.05) of milk and on 729 kg (р < 0.01) of milk and 0.18% of fat (р < 0.05) in highest lactation.We made analysis of getting animals with productivity more than 8000 kg of milk for 305 days of lactation. From 160 high productive animals of matrix families – 42 cows (26%) were getting by related recruitment. Their evaluation showed that 64.3% of cows were getting in selection within lines on bulls related groups of Master 106902, Meridian 90827 and line Ladka KTKS-253. The greatest number of high productive animals (33.3%) in crossing lines was getting in combination groups Master 106902 and Meridian 90827. The daughters of inbred bulls using in livestock of cows in purebred families were evaluated on productivity. We noted high breeding value of bulls which were getting by close inbreeding.We made the conclusion of effectiveness of using inbred in breeding families in Kostroma breed.
Keywords: kostroma breed, selection within lines, crossing lines, inbred and outbred selection, simple and complex inbreeding, farm families, highly productive animals, heterosis, inbred bulls
1. Lyagin F.F. Effektivnost' primeneniya inbridinga v selektsii vysokoproduktivnogo skota kostromskoy porody: dis. ... d-ra s.-kh.nauk. [The effectiveness of inbreeding in the breeding of high-yielding livestock of Kostroma breed. DSc Thesis]. Kostroma, 2003. 287 p.
2. Lyubimov A.I., Yudin V.M. Inbriding v selektsii cherno-pestrogo skota Udmurtskoy Respubliki. [Inbreeding in the selection of black-and-white cattle of the Udmurt Republic]. Zootekhniya. 2012. no.10. pp.2-3.
3. Moskalenko L., Konovalov A. Vliyanie inbridinga na pozhiznennuyu produktivnost' korov yaroslavskoy porody. [Influence of inbreeding on lifetime productivity of cows of the Yaroslavl breed]. Molochnoe i myasnoe skotovodstvo. 2009. no. 2. pp. 12-13.
4. Kuznetsov V.M., Vakhonina N.V. Ob ogranichenii inbridinga v malochislennykh populyatsiyakh molochnogo skota. [On restriction of inbreeding in small populations of dairy cattle]. Sel'skokhozyaystvennaya biologiya. 2012. no. 4. pp. 55-57.
5. Kuznetsov V.M., Vakhonina N.V. Vliyanie introduktsii na inbriding i eroziyu genofonda mestnoy porody. [The impact on the introduction of inbreeding and the erosion of the gene pool of local breed]. Vestnik Rossiyskoy akademii sel'skokhozyaystvennykh nauk. 2012. no. 1. pp. 36-38.
6. Kuznetsov V.M., Vakhonina N.V. Vliyanie demograficheskikh protsessov v genofondnykh populyatsiyakh na inbriding. [The impact of demographic processes in the gene pool of populations for inbreeding]. Vestnik Rossiyskoy akademii sel'skokhozyaystvennykh nauk. 2009. no. 3. pp. 82-84.