The development of horticulture in Russia: trends, problems, prospects
Kulikov I.M., DSc in economics, Professor, academician, Director
All-Russian selection-technological Institute of horticulture and nursery, Moscow, Russia,
Minakov I.A., DSc in economics, Professor, head of the Department of Economics
Michurinsk state agrarian University, Michurinsk, Russia
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Particularly acute is a problem of supplying the population of our country with fruit and berry production. Gardening does not satisfy the needs of the population in this product. The ratio of imported products is account for 73%. In the circumstances, it is important to ensure food security, which plays an important role in import substitution. Modern state and tendencies of development of gardening, its placement on the Federal districts, economic efficiency of production of fruits and berries is analysed in the article. There is a tendency of reduction of the area of plantations with a slight increase in the volume of production of fruit and berry goods, decreasing state support, the concentration of gardening in the households. The achieved level of profitability does not provide the expanded reproduction in the industry. It justifies main directions of increasing the production of fruit and berry goods in the regions of industrial and risky horticulture. The solution of this problem will contribute to the concentration of horticulture in specialised enterprises farms; transforming industry on the innovative path of development; increasing productivity of existing orchards and berry fields on the intensification of production; increase the gross harvest of fruit in the result of the establishment of new intensive orchards; the sustainable use of farmed products, reduction of losses at the stages of production, storage, processing, transportation and sales as a result of development of agroindustrial integration; increasing marketability of horticulture in households through the establishment of consumer cooperatives; improvement and increase of the state support of the industry.
Keywords: gardening, accommodation, efficiency, intensification, agro-industrial integration, state support
1. Kulikov I.M. Problemy importozameshcheniya plodovo-yagodnoy produktsii na agroprodovol'stvennom rynke Rossii. [Problems of import substitution of fruit and berry production in the agro-food market in Russia]. APK: ekonomika, upravlenie. 2015. no. 6. pp. 3-12.
2. Minakov I.A. Formirovanie rynka plodovo-yagodnoy produktsii v Rossii. [Formation of market of fruit and berries in Russia]. Ekonomika sel'skokhozyaystvennykh i pererabatyvayushchikh predpriyatiy. 2006. no. 5. pp. 56-60.
3. Gosudarstvennaya programma razvitiya sel'skogo khozyaystva i regulirovaniya rynkov sel'skokhozyaystvennoy produktsii, syr'ya i prodovol'stviya na 2013-2020 gody. Postanovlenie Pravitel'stva Rossiyskoy Federatsii № 717 ot 14 iyulya 2012 g. [The state program of development of agriculture and regulation of markets of agricultural products, raw materials and food for 2013-2020. Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 717 of 14 July 2012].
4. Kvochkin A.N. Strategiya razvitiya sadovodstva Rossii. [The strategy for the development of horticulture in Russia]. Vestnik Michurinskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta. 2012. no. 3. pp. 9-12.
5. Egorov E.A., Shadrina Zh.A., Koch'yan G.A. Makroekonomicheskie tendentsii i parametry effektivnogo sadovodstva. [Macroeconomic developments and parameters of the effective horticulture]. Sadovodstvo i vinogradarstvo. 2015. no. 6. pp. 5-10.
6. Epifanov V.V. Osnovnye napravleniya povysheniya effektivnosti razvitiya sadovodstva. [The Main directions of increase of efficiency of development of horticulture]. Vestnik Michurinskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta. 2010. no. 2. pp. 171-173.
7. Ermakov I.L., Sokolov O.V. Sovremennye tendentsii razvitiya ekonomiki sadovodstva. [Modern trends in the development of the economy of horticulture]. Vestnik Michurinskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta. 2013. no. 2. pp. 115-119.
8. Sokolov O.V. Sovremennyy uroven' intensifykatsii sadovodstva v sel'skokhozyaystvennykh predpriyatiyakh Tambovskoy oblasti. [Modern level of intensification of horticulture in the agricultural enterprises of the Tambov region]. Vestnik Michurinskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta. 2012. no. 4. pp. 125-129.
9. Kulikov I.M., Minakov I.A. Osobennosti territorial'no-otraslevogo razdeleniya truda v sado-vodstve. [Peculiarities of territorial and sectoral division of labour in horticulture]. APK: ekonomika, upravlenie. 2016. no. 6. pp. 33-42.