Morphological parameters of stem lodging resistance in accessions of hulless oats collection
Ivanova Yu.S., researcher,
Fomina M.N., PhD in agriculture, head researcher
Agricultural Research Institute of Northern Trans-Ural Region, Tyumen region, Russia
E-mail: E-mail: email@example.com
Morphological parameters of stem in 213 accessions of naked oats (Avena nuda L.) of different ecological and geographic origin were studied under conditions of northern forest-steppe of the Tyumen region in connection with breeding for lodging resistance. Relation between plants height and some morphological parameters of stem with lodging was ambiguous. The negative correlation between lodging resistance with plant height (r = -0.34 ... -0.77), with the length of the top (r = -0.16 ... -0.74) and the first interstices (r = -0.67 ... -0.86) was marked. It was found that the formation of lodging resistance was determined not by the size of stem parts but their ratio. It is noted that the higher the ratio of length to diameter of the first and second interstices the stronger the propensity to lodging (r1 = -0.39 ... -0.98; r2 = -0.62 ... -0.97). A close negative correlation was found between lodging resistance and ratio of length to diameter of straw of the first interstices (r = -0.70 ... -0.91). Sustainability indexes were used to evaluate the initial material, which take into account the ratio of the individual parts of the stem and indexes evaluating the ratio of productive and vegetative parts. It was found that the value of index, taking into account the ratio of the length of internodes to their diameter, the length of straw to its diameter and length of internodes in varieties with high lodging resistance was significantly lower than that of lodge accessions. At the same time, lodging resistant varieties (in compare with a weakly resistant) had a higher value of the index, taking into account the set of morphological parameters of the stem and panicle and evaluating the ratio of productive and vegetative parts. A comparative study of initial material the use of complex of stem morphological traits complements visual assessment of lodging resistance and allowed to characterize the studied accessions for this indicator more fully.
Keywords: of naked oats, lodging resistance, plant height, stem, morphological indicators, sustainability indexes
1. Tret'yakov N.N., Yakovlev A.F. Vliyanie razlichnoy intensivnosti poleganiya na formirovanie urozhaya i posevnykh kachestv semyan yarovogo yachmenya. [Effect of varying intensity of lodging on yield formation and sowing qualities of seeds of spring barley]. Biologicheskie osnovy povysheniya produktivnosti sel'skokhozyaystvennykh kul'tur. [Biological bases of increase of efficiency of agricultural cultures]. Moscow: Izd-vo TSKhA, 1984. pp. 54-58.
2. Surin N.A., Lyakhova N.E. Selektsiya yachmenya v Sibiri. [Barley Breeding in Siberia]. Novosibirsk, 1993. 292 p.
3. Loskutov I.G. Oves (Avena L.). Rasprostranenie, sistematika, evolyutsiya i selektsionnaya tsennost'. [Oats (Avena L.). Distribution, taxonomy, evolution and selection value]. Saint Petersburg: GNTs RF VIR, 2007. 336 p.
4. Metodicheskie ukazaniya po izucheniyu i sokhraneniyu mirovoy kollektsii yachmenya i ovsa. [Guidelines for study and conservation of the world collection of barley and oats]. Saint Petersburg, 2012. 63 p.
5. Mezhdunarodnyy klassifikator SEV roda Avena L. [SEV genus Avena L. International Classification]. Leningrad, 1984. 41 p.
6. Kovrigina L.N. Morfologicheskie pokazateli ustoychivosti yachmenya k steblevomu poleganiyu. [Morphological characteristics of barley resistance to stem lodging]. Vestnik KemGU. 2002. no. 2 (10). pp. 53-60.
7. Kovtun V.I., Kovtun L.N. Urozhaynost', vysota rasteniy i ustoychivost' k poleganiyu novykh sortoobraztsov ozimoy myagkoy pshenitsy na yuge Rossii. [Yield capacity, plant height and lodging resistance of new accessions of winter wheat in the south of Russia]. Izvestiya Orenburgskogo gosu-darstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta. 2014. no. 4. pp. 45-47.
8. Yusov V.S., Evdokimov M.G. Nasleduemost' morfologicheskikh priznakov ustoychivosti k poleganiyu u tverdoy pshenitsy v usloviyakh lesostepi Zapadnoy Sibiri. [The heritability of morphological characters of lodging resistance in durum wheat in the conditions of forest-steppe of Western Siberia]. Vestnik Altayskogo agrarnogo universiteta. 2015. no. 7. pp. 24-28.
9. Navabi A., Idbal M., Strenzke K., Spaner D. The relationship between lodging and plant height in a diverse wheat population. Canad. J. Plant Sc. 2006. V. 86. no. 3. pp. 723-726.
10. Matsuyama H., Shimazaki Y., Ohshita Y., Watanabe Y. Varietal difference in lodging resistance and Culm characteristics of wheat. Japan.J. Crop Sc. 2014. V. 83. no. 2. pp. 136-142.
11. Saranchin E.P. Razvitie morfologicheskikh priznakov i produktivnosti karlikovykh sortov yachmenya v zavisimosti ot pogodnykh usloviy. [Development of morphological features and productivity of dwarf varieties of barley depending on weather conditions]. Nauchnoe tvorchestvo molodezhi: sb. tr. VI mezhregional'noy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii. [Scientific creativity of youth: a collection of works of the VI interregional scientific and practical conference]. Anzhero-Sudzhensk. 2002. pp. 45-48.
12. Gal'chenko I.N. Morfologicheskie osobennosti yarovoy pshenitsy v svyazi s poleganiem. [Morphological features of spring wheat in connection with the lodging]. Doklady AN SSSR. 1952. V. 83. no. 5. pp. 749-752.
13. Basistov A.A. Iskhodnyy material dlya selektsii yachmenya na ustoychivost' k poleganiyu v usloviyakh orosheniya. [The initial material for barley breeding on resistance to lodging under irrigation]. Nauchno-tekhnicheskiy byulleten’ VIR. 1990. no. 206. pp. 31-34.
14. Gorshkova V.A., Selezneva T.G. Izuchenie kollektsii yachmenya po priznaku ustoychivosti k poleganiyu (elementy morfologii). [Study of barley collection on a resistance to lodging (morphological elements)]. Nauchnye osnovy selektsii sel'skokhozyaystvennykh kul'tur v Tsentral'no -Chernozemnoy zone. [Scientific bases of breeding of agricultural crops in Central Black Earth zone]. Kamennaya step', 1985. pp. 103-110.
15. Gorshkova V.A. Selektsiya yarovogo yachmenya na ustoychivost' k poleganiyu. [Selection of spring barley for resistance to lodging]. Vestnik RASKhN. 1992. no. 6. pp. 25-27.
16. Sinitsina S.M., Molodykh L.V. Anatomo-morfologicheskie osobennosti steblya ustoychivykh k poleganiyu sortov ozimykh zernovykh kul'tur. [Anatomical and morphological characteristics of stem lodging resistant varieties of winter cereals]. Nauchnye tr. Leningradskogo SKhI. Leningrad, 1977. V. 298. pp. 25-29.
17. Golova T.G. Anatomo-morfologicheskie osobennosti sortov yachmenya razlichnykh biotipov. [Anatomo-morpho-logical features of barley varieties of different biotypes]. Dostizheniya, perspektivy selektsii i semenovodstva zernovykh kul'tur v Tsentral'no-Chernozemnoy zone: Nauch. tr. NIISKh TsChP im. Dokuchaeva. [Achievements, prospects of selection and seed-growing of grain crops in the Central Black Earth zone: Scientific works RIA of the Central Black-Earth Zone named after Dokuchaev]. Kamennaya Step'. 1990. pp. 22-27.
18. Dospekhov B.A. Metodika polevogo opyta (S osnovami statisticheskoy obrabotki rezul'tatov issledovaniy). [Methodology of field experiment (With the basics of statistical processing of research results)]. Izd. 4-e. Moscow: Kolos, 1979. 416 p.