Study of collection potato varieties on productivity and disease resistance
Sintsova N.F., PhD in agriculture, senior researcher,
Sergeeva Z.F., PhD in agriculture, head of laboratory
Falenki breeding station, s. Falenki, Kirov region, Russia
Under conditions of east part of central zone of Kirov region study of economical valuable trait of potato collection nurcery accessions was conducted. For 2012…2016 group of 27 varieties was selected with high productivity exceeded standard Udacha by 103…130%. It was established that varietal productivity was in close relation with amount of precipitations in Yuly-August (r = 0.91). Variability of trait "productivity" within collection nurcery was an average 29.8%, within highly productive varieties – 42.7%. Highest coefficient of variation (55.7…55.9%) had varieties Isna, Arnica (Germany), Ibus (Poland), Рагнеда (Belarus). Stable high productivity at a level of 780…735 g/bush was in varieties Debryansk, 217-07, 21-07 (Russia), Zarevo (Ukraine) 23.8…29.3%. For this group of varieties the cluster analysis was conducted that allowed to unitу sample into groups of similar clusters. Highest distance shown genetic remoteness was in accessions Debryansk and 217-07 (Russia). These varieties could be used in crossings with all other varieties with high possibility of selection of transgressive forms. It was conducted additional cluster analysis on diseases resistance: to phytophtorosis – on leaves and tubers, to alterniosis, to scab, to viruses. Varieties Zarevo (Ukraine) and Zhukovsky ranny (Russia) were selected that shown strong divergence with other varieties by reaction on phytopathogenes. Because of devision of all sample into two clusters on productivity and three clusters on disease resistance optimal schemes of breeding were chosen for creation of new high-productive potato varieties for Volga-Vyatka region.
Keywords: potato,variety, collection nurcery, productivity, variation, disease resistance, cluster analysis
1. Kiru S.D., Kostina L.I., Kosareva O.S., Zhigadlo T.E. i dr. Geneticheskoe raznoobrazie mirovoj kollekcii kartofelya VIR i ee ispol'zovanie v selekcii [Genetic diversity of world potato collection of VIR and its usage in breeding]. Dostizheniya nauki i tekhniki APK. 2015. V. 29. no. 7. pp. 31-34.
2. Shanina E.P. Iskhodnyj material dlya selekcii kartofelya na ustojchivost' k patogenam [Initial material for potato breeding on resistance to pathogenes]. Voprosy povysheniya effektivnosti sel'skokhozyajstvennogo proizvodstva na Srednem Urale: Sb. nauch. tr. [Problems of increasing of effectiveness of agricultural industry at Middle Ural: collection of scientifical articles], Ekaterinburg, 2003. V. 60. pp. 94-97.
3. Yashina I.M. Znachenie sorta v sovremennykh tekhnologiyakh proizvodstva kartofelya [Importance of variety in modern technologies of potato production]. Aktual'nye problemy sovremennoj industrii proizvodstva kartofelya [Actual problems of modern industry of potato growing]. Cheboksary: KUP CHR «Agro-Innovacii», 2010. pp. 41-45.
4. Smiryaev A.V., Kil'chevskij A.V. Genetika populyacij i kolichestvennykh priznakov [Genetics of populations and quantitative traits]. Moscow: «KolosS», 2007. 272 p.
5. Metodika issledovaniya po kul'ture kartofelya [Methods of investigation for potato culture]. Moscow, 1967. 264 p.
6. Metodika issledovanij po zashchite kartofelya ot boleznej, vreditelej, sornyakov i immunitetu [Methods of investigation on potato protection against diseases, pest, weed and immunity]. Moscow: VNIIKKH, Rossel'khozakademiya, 1995. 106 p.
7. Mezhdunarodnyj klassifikator SEV vidov kartofelya sekcii Tuberarium (Dip) Buk. Roda Solanum. [International classificatory SEV of potato species Tuberarium (Dip) Buk section of genus Solanum]. Leningrad, 1984. 41 p.
8. Krasko I.A., Paklin N.B. Praktikum po analizu dannykh na komp'yutere. Pod red. G.V. Gorelovoj. [Practical works on analysis of data with computer. Ed. G.V. Gorelova] Moscow: «KolosS», 2009. 278 p.