The contents of sexual hormones in cows in the early postpartum period
Grigorieva T.E., DSc in veterinary,
Sergeeva N.S., PhD in veterinary, senior lecturer
Chuvash State Agricultural Academy, Cheboksary, Russia
E-mail: email@example.com; Nadya4462@mail.ru
In connection with the organization of large-scale specialized dairy complexes and high concentration of animals in limited spaces it has been pointed stable tendency to increase in cows’ pathology of childbirth and the postpartum period. In the structure of causes that reduce the reproductive performance of cattle, the profitability of the industry management of dairy cattle breeding, postpartum diseases of cows in the form of subinvolution of the uterus and endomiometrity, leading to reduction in their fertility, milk production and premature culling occupy a special place. Experimental investigations were carried out on the basis of JSC “Vurnary meat” of the Chuvash Republic on cows of black-motley breed with an average milk yield of 5.5 thousand kg per lactation. Test groups of 10 animals each formed on the 4-th day of postnatal period out of clinically healthy cows (first group) and patient cows with postpartum endometritis of acute course (second group). As a result of researches there are revealed differences in the course of the postpartum period and the content of specific sex hormones in clinically healthy and endometritis-diseased cows. For endometritis cows early post-natal period was characterized by a high content of progesterone 31.60 nm/l (in healthy 2.13 nm/l) and low estradiol levels E2 – 22.50 pg/ml (in healthy – 51.30). This was the reason for delayed involution of the uterus, increasing the recovery time of the sexual cycle, development of microbes and inflammation, which led to the weakening of the degenerative-regenerative processes in the endometrium. In cows with endometritis time of lochia allocation increaseв by 5.00 (p < 0.01) days; the duration of involution of the uterus – by 11.90 (p < 0.01) days; the time from birth until fertilization – by 16.8 (p < 0.01) days.
Keywords: dairy cow, puerperal period, endometritis, Polovye hormones, progesterone, estradiol E2
1. Misaylov V.D. Oksitotsin – sredstvo profilaktiki subinvolyutsii matki u korov. [Oxytocin as prophylaxis tool for supervalution of the uterus in cows]. Veterinariya. 1965. no. 4. pp. 82-85.
2. Nezhdanov A.G. Steroidnye gormony v krovi i poslerodovye bolezni u korov. [Steroid hormones in blood and postpartum diseases in cows]. Veterinariya. 1983. no. 5. pp. 49-51.
3. Nezhdanov A.G. Korrektsiya vosproizvoditel’noy funktsii korov s ispol’zovaniem preparata uteroton. [Correction of reproductive function of cows using the drug uteroton]. Tez. dokl. konferentsii «Kontseptsiya nauchnogo obespecheniya veterinarnoy meditsiny Severo-vostochnogo regiona NZ RF». [proc. dokl. the conference «The Concept of scientific support of veterinary medicine of the North-Eastern region of the NZ of the Russian Federation»]. Novgorod, 1999. pp. 100-101.
4. Vlasov S.A., Lobodin A.S., Pikalova T.A. Gormonal’nyy profil’ korov s fetoplatsentarnoy nedostatochnost’yu. [Hormonal profile of cows with placental insufficiency]. Veterinariya. 1993. no. 10. pp. 29-31.
5. Grigor’eva T.E. Fiziologiya vosproizvodstva zhivotnykh. [Physiology of animals’ reproduction]. Nauchno – obosnovannaya sistema zhivotnovodstva ChR do 2011 goda. [Science–based system of animal husbandry of the Chuvash Republic until 2011]. Cheboksary, 2005. 78 p.
6. Dolzhenkov Yu.A. Dinamika soderzhaniya polovykh gormonov v krovi zdorovykh korov vo vremya sukhostoya i ranniy poslerodovoy period. [Dynamics of the content of sex hormones in the blood of healthy cows during the dry period and the early postpartum period]. Dostizheniya molodykh uchenykh – budushchee v razvitii APK. Materialy mezhregional’noy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii molodykh uchenykh. [Achievements of young scientists in the future development of agriculture. Materials of the interregional scientific-practical conference of young scientists]. Voronezh, 2007. Part.2. pp. 260.
7. Beloborodenko M.A. Vynuzhdennaya gipodinamiya kak faktor besplodiya korov. [Forced inactivity as a factor of infertility in cows]. Agrarnyy vestnik Urala. 2011. no. 7 (86). pp. 15-18.
8. Bagmanov M.A., Safiulov R.N., Terent’eva N.Yu. Terapiya i profilaktika patologii organov razmnozheniya i molochnoy zhelezy u korov. [Therapy and prevention of pathologies of reproductive organs and mammary gland in cows]. Kazan’, 2012. 187 p.
9. Grigor’eva T.E., Makarov A.A. Otsenka urovnya obmena veshchestv i polovykh gormonov korov v poslerodovoy period. [Evaluation of level of metabolism and sex hormones in cows in the postpartum period]. Veterinariya sel’skokhozyaystvennykh zhivotnykh. 2013. no.5. pp. 18-22.
10. Grigor’eva T.E. Bolezni matki i yaichnikov u korov. Monografiya. [Disease of the uterus and ovaries in cows]. Cheboksary: «Novoe Vremya», 2012. 172 p.