Creation of a panel of genetic markers for breeding of a large white breed pigs on the reproductive fitness
Kolosov A.Yu., PhD in agriculture, associated professor,
Leonova M.A., PhD in agriculture, senior researcher,
Getmantseva L.V., PhD in agriculture , head of laboratory
Donskoy state agrarian university, s. Persianovsky, Rostov region, Russia
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
The article presents studies of the effect of SNP of genes PRLR, LEP, ESR, FSHb, MC4R, LIF, POU1F1, GH on the reproductive performance of large white pigs. The analysis was carried out using linear models of mixed type. For each variant of SNP, a separate model was used; as a fixed factor in model the genotype for the gene in question was. Another fixed factor in all models was the order of number of farrowing. A randomized factor was individual sow genotypes. As a result of the analysis a significant superiority of the LEP/CC genotype over the LEP/TT genotype was established for all indicators of reproductive qualities: by the number of pigs at birth on 1.55 h. (p = 0.02), for a piglets born alive on 1.8 h. (p = 0.009), by litter weight at birth on 1.91 kg (p = 0.05). According to the ESR gene animals with the ESR/BB genotype also outperformed all their analogues with the ESR/AA genotype (by the number of pigs at birth on 1.36 h. (p = 0.14), by piglets born alive on 0.93 h. (p = 0.005), by the litter weight at birth on 2.24 kg (p = 0.15) The LIF gene was used to determine the genotype LIF/BB (the number of piglets at birth + 1.35 h. (p = 0 , 15), piglets born alive + 1.9 h. (p = 0.04), litter weight at birth + 2.24 kg (p = 0.24) relative to the LIF/AA genotype.) The superiority of the PRLR/BB genotype was established for the PRLR gene (number of piglets at birth + 0.42 head (p = 0.4), piglets born alive + 0.57 h. (p = 0.25), litter weight at birth + 1.96 kg (p = 0.01) relative to the PRLR/AB genotype.) For other genes there are no significant differences in the reproductive qualities between the genotypes. Based on the obtained results a panel of genetic markers for evaluating reproductive qualities of large white pigs was developed, which includes the LEP, ESR, LIF, and PRLR genes.
Keywords: SNP panel, pigs, markers, PRLR, LEP, ESR, FSHb, MC4R, LIF, POU1F1, GH, linear models
1. Samorè A.B., Fontanesi L. Genomic selection in pigs: state of the art and perspectives. Italian Journal of Animal Science, 2016, 15(2). pp. 211-232.
2. Getmantseva L.V., Kolosov A.Yu., Leonova M.A., Bakoev S.Yu., Bakoev N.F., Radyuk A.V. Svidetel’stvo o gosudarstvennoy registratsii bazy dannykh. Baza dannykh autosomnykh DNK-markerov sviney. [Certificate of state registration of the database. Database of autosomal DNA markers of pigs]. Patent RF, no. 2015621623, 2015.
3. Kolosov A.Yu., Getmantseva L.V., Leonova M.A. Svidetel’stvo o gosudarstvennoy registratsii komp’yuternoy programmy. Informatsionnaya sistema ucheta SNP-genotipov sviney po genam-markeram produktivnosti. [Certificate of state registration of the computer program. Informational system of SNP-genotypes accounting for pigs by genesmarkers of productivity]. Patent RF, no. 2015661461, 2015.
4. Kolosov A.Yu., Getmantseva L.V., Leonova M.A., Bakoev S.Yu., Bakoev N.F. Svidetel’stvo o gosudarstvennoy registratsii komp’yuternoy programmy. BLUP-model. [Certificate of state registration of the computer program. BLUP-model]. Patent RF, no. 2016661288, 2016.
5. Kim G.W., Yoo J.Y., Kim H.Y. Association of genotype of POU1F1 intron 1 with carcass characteristics in crossbred pigs. J. Anim Sci Technol, 2014. no. 56. p. 25
6. Klimenko A., Usatov A., Getmantseva L., Kolosov Yu., Tretyakova O., Bakoev S., Kostjunina O. and Zinovieva N. Effect of melanocortin-4 receptor gene on growth and meat traits in pigs raised in Russia. American Journal of Agricultural and Biological Sciences, 2014. no. 9(2). pp. 232-237.
7. Park S.-J., Ha J., Kim I.-S., Kwon S.G., Hwang J.H., Park D.H., Kang D.G., Kim T.W., Kim S.W., Kim C.W. Effects of LEP, GYS1, MYOD1, and MYF5 polymorphisms on pig economic traits. J. Ann Anim Sci., 2015. no. 15. pp. 1-12.
8. Omelka R., Bauerová M., Mlynek J., Buchová B., Peškovičová D., Bulla J. Effect of the estrogen receptor (ESR) gene on reproductive traits of Large White, White Meaty and Landrace pigs. Czech J. Anim. Sci., 2005. no. 50. pp. 249–253.
9. Piórkowska K., Ropka-Molik K., Oczkowicz M., Różycki M., Żukowski K. Association study of PIT1 and GHRH SNPs with economically important traits in pigs of three breeds reared in Poland. Anim Sci Pap Rep, 2013. no.31. pp. 303-314.
10. Ropka-Molik K., Variability of mRNA abundance of leukemia inhibitory factor gene (LIF) in porcine ovary, oviduct and uterus tissues. Molecular Biology Reports 2012. no.39(8). pp. 7965-7972.