Tension of post-vaccination immunity to causative agents of acute respiratory viral infections in calves
Poryvaeva A.P., DSc in biology, leading researcher,
Shilova E.N., DSc in veterinary, senior researcher,
Nurmieva V.R., senior researcher,
Ust’yantsev I.V., senior researcher
FSBSI «Ural Scientific Research Veterinary Institute», Ekaterinburg, Russia
In the livestock enterprises of the Sverdlovsk region comprehensive programs of health measures against the pathogens of acute respiratory viral infections are developed and implemented. This allows to significantly reduce the incidence among young cattle, which are the main risk group for the development of infectious diseases of organs. A retrospective analysis of the results of serological screening of the primary postvaccinal immune response in the populations of young cattle of model agricultural enterprises in 4 districts of the Sverdlovsk region showed that in 2.2-6.8% of animals have a low level of specific antibodies to infectious agents of rhinotracheitis (TIA) Viral diarrhea (VD) and parainfluenza-3 (PG-3). An assessment was made of the risk of developing epizootics of acute respiratory viral infections in young cattle. It was established that the indicator “Waste of calves due to factor infections” in the surveyed agricultural enterprises was less than 4%. The increase or decrease in the indicator directly correlated with the results of serological screening. When the maximum number of animals with a low level of post-vaccination seroconversion was detected, the indicator “Waste of calves due to factor infections” (FI) was observed in agricultural enterprises. The maximum level of the FI indicator - 2.9% in the Beloyarsk region model farm was registered in 2015; during this period the number of calves with a low level of post-vaccination seroconversion was 11.8% of the surveyed young cattle livestock. In the model economies of the Alapaevsky region, the maximum level of the FI indicator was 3.7% in 2015; in this period the number of calves with a low level of post-vaccination seroconversion was 11.4% of the surveyed young cattle livestock. In the model farms of the Sukholozhsky and Kamensky regions, the maximum level of the FI index 2.7% and 2.8% was registered in 2016; the number of calves with a low level of post-vaccination seroconversion in this period was 9.4% and 11.1% of the surveyed young cattle livestock.
Keywords: calves, acute respiratory viral infections, post-vaccination immunity
1. Gumerov V.G. Etiologicheskaya struktura vozbuditeley respiratornykh i zheludochno-kishechnykh infektsiy krupnogo rogatogo skota. [Etiological structure of the causative agents of respiratory and gastrointestinal infections in cattle]. Veterinarnyy vrach. 2015. no. 3. pp.12-14.
2. L’vov N.I., Likhopoenko V.P. Ostrye respiratornye zabolevaniya. Rukovodstvo po infektsionnym boleznyam: v 2 kn. [Acute respiratory diseases. Guidelines for infectious diseases: in 2 books]. Saint Petersburg: Foliant, 2011. Vol. 2(III). pp. 7-122.
3. Petrova O.G., Tatarchuk A.T., Pechura E.V., Belousova E.Yu., Kushnir N.I., Khamatov M.F., Burnadze T.P., Makarimov A.S. Osobennosti epizooticheskogo protsessa i dinamika rasprostraneniya ORVI KRS na Srednem Urale. [Features of the epizootic process and the dynamics of the spread of acute respiratory viral infection in the Middle Urals]. Veterinarnaya patologiya. 2006. no. 3. pp. 101-104.
4. Kupchenko A.N., Ponezheva Zh.B. Sovremennye printsipy diagnostiki i lecheniya ORVI. [Modern principles of diagnosis and treatment of acute respiratory viral infections]. Arkhiv vnutrenney meditsiny. 2016. no. 1(27). pp. 9-15.
5. Shilova E.N., Ryaposova M.V., Shkuratova I.A., Vyalykh I.V. Virusnaya diareya – bolezn’ slizistykh obolochek krupnogo rogatogo skota v Ural’skom regione. [Viral diarrhea - a disease of mucous membranes of cattle in the Urals region]. Veterinariya. 2014. no. 11. pp. 15-17.
6. Givens M.D., Newcomer B.W. Perspective on BVDV control programs. Animal Health Research Reviews. 2015. no. 16(1). pp. 78-82.
7. Petrova O.G., Yurov K.P., Pechura E.V., Rubinskiy I.A., Sapozhnikov N.L., Tatarchuk A.T. Profilaktika ostrykh respiratornykh zabolevaniy krupnogo rogatogo skota. Nauchno-metodicheskie rekomendatsii. [Prevention of acute respiratory diseases of cattle. Scientific and methodological recommendations]. Ekaterinburg, 2005. 41 p.
8. Rukovodstvo po laboratornoy diagnostike virusnykh bolezney zhivotnykh. [Manual for laboratory diagnosis of viral diseases of animals]. Pod red. A.M. Smirnova, A.Ya. Samuylenko, I.M. Donnik, Ya.B. Beykina. Moscow: RASKhN, 2008. 858 p.
9. Vaktsiny i vaktsinatsiya: natsional’noe rukovodstvo. [Vaccines and vaccinations: national guidelines]. Pod. obshch. red. Zverev V.V., Semenov B.F., Khaitov R.M. Moscow: Iz-vo Geotar-Media, 2011. 880 p.
10. Petrova O.G., Donnik I.M., Shkuratova I.A., Kushnir N.I., Rubinskiy I.A., Belousova E.Yu., Pechura E.V., Krasnoperov V.A., Khamatov M.F., Kazakov S.B., Shilov A.A., Ermakova E.Yu., Burnadze T.P., Makarimov A.S. Kompleksnaya programma po ozdorovleniyu khozyaystv ot smeshannykh viruso-bakterial’nykh infektsiy krupnogo rogatogo skota. [Comprehensive program for the recovery of farms from mixed viral-bacterial infections of cattle]. Ekaterinburg, 2006. 21 p.