Perspective varieties of long-fibred flax bred in Falenki Plant-Breeding Station
Falenki Plant-Breeding Station, Falenki, Kirov region, Russia
Results of selection work on long-fibred flax at Falenki Plant-Breeding station during 2010 …2014 are presented in the article. The purpose of work is creation of varieties of the long-fibred flax on a complex of economic-valuable traits (productivity and quality of a flax fiber, resistance against lodging and fusarium withering) and selection of the most perspective varieties for conditions of the north-east of Non-Chernozem zone of Russia. In selection variety trial there were 18 varieties in comparison with standard variety Tvertsa and earlier created variety Sinel'. Within 18 studied varieties 9 exceeded standard variety on straw productivity; 12 - on seed productivity. Straw productivity of variety Ф-1962 has made 6.29 t/ha on the average for 5 years; an increase to the standard Tvertsa – 0.35 t/ha, to a variety Sinel' – 0.03 т/ha; maximum seed productivity has been received in 2014 – 1.80 t/ha. Variety Ф-2109 differs with stable productivity of straw and fibre (6.32 and 1.50 t/ha accordingly), has general height of plants 92 cm, technical length – 77 cm. Variety Ф-2102 combines high indicators on fibre productivity of a 1.60 t/ha with fibre content of 28.5 %. Durability of a fibre makes 19.8 kgs, flexibility – 37.4 mm. The growth period is equal to the standard (72 days). The variety is defeated by fusarium withering in less degree than standard varieties. According to the correlation analysis productivity of straw of long-fibred flax depends on length of plant stem (r = 0.47… 0.67). The fibre content is influenced negatively by lengthening of the growth period of plants (r = –0.09…–0.75); the higher the fibre content in a plant, the less its flexibility (r = –0.50…-0.66). Defeat of plants by fusarium withering reduces the fibre content (r = –0.06…–0.56).
Keywords: productivity, content of fiber, durability, flexibility, fusarium withering
1. Tikhvinsky S.F. Nauchnye issledovaniya po selektsii i agrotekhnike pryadil'nogo l'na v Vyatskom krae. [Scientific researches after selection and the agricultural technician of spinning flax in Vyatsky territory]. Sel'skokhozyaystvennaya nauka severo-vostoka evropeyskoj chasti Rossii. Vol. 1. Selektsiya i semenovodstvo. Kirov, 1995. pp. 77-79.
2. Kutuzova S.N. Geneticheskie osnovy selektsii l'na na ustoychivost' k rzhavchine. [Genetic bases of flax breeding for rust resistance]. SPb., VIR, 2014. 52 p.
3. Metodicheskie ukazaniya po selektsii l'na-dolguntsa. [Methodical instructions on long-fibred flax breeding]. Moscow, 2004. 43 p.
4. Metodicheskie ukazaniya po provedeniyu polevykh opytov so l'nom-dolguntsom. [Methodical instructions on carrying out of field experiments with long-fibred flax]. Torzhok, 1978. 72 p.
5. Metodiki tekhnologicheskoj otsenki produktsii l'na i konopli. [Techniques of a technological estimation of production of flax and hemp]. Moscow, 1961. 184 p.
6. Loshakova N.I., Krylova T.V., Kudryavtseva L.P. Metodicheskie ukazaniya po fitopatologicheskoj otsenke ustoychivosti l'na-dolguntsa k boleznyam. [Methodical instructions on phytopathological estimation of resistance of long-fibred flax to diseases]. Moscow, 2000. 52 p.