Improvement quality of strip sowing of grasses’ seeds into a sod
Sysuev V.A., academician of RAS,
Demshin S.L., PhD in engineering, head of laboratory,
Cheremisinov D.A., PhD in engineering, researcher,
Doronin M.S., postgraduate
North-East Agricultural Research Institute, Kirov, Russia
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Most of the technologies improving the productivity of natural grasslands are based on the complex of suppression of their biocenoses with herbicides by cutting ridges in the sod and planting grasses’ seeds into them. Their alternative is strip sowing with mechanical treatment of soil strip in the sod which parameters ensure successful development of sprouts without use of herbicides. For the conditions of Euro-North-East of Russia they are equal to: strip width of 10…11 cm, depth - not less than 6 cm, treated area - for at least 30% of the total plot area. For the implementation of this technology family the sod seeder SDK with disk milling openers was developed. To improve quality of sowing with seeders SDK, the opener group of seeders is developed that ensures presowing treatment of sod with disk milling openers and broadcast input of fertilizers along the axis of the processed strip with the subsequent leveling of soil surface. Compacted seedbed is produced with shoe openers along the axis of the treated strip and ordinary grass seed sowing was carried 1…2 cm above the depth of fertilizer application. Next is the packing of soil in the strips. Researches were conducted in laboratory and field conditions to assess the effectiveness of the action which identified indicators of sowing quality when using serial disk milling opener of the seeder SDK and experimental opener groups. Analysis of the results of the field experiment showed that regardless of the version of the opener group of seeders depth of sowing of clover seeds meets the agricultural requirements: the serial opener – 12…14 mm; the experimental opener group 7…9 mm. With increasing speed uniformity of seed distribution across the width of the strip is reduced, but for the experimental opener group the value of this indicator, equal to 6…8 mm, was considerably higher than for the serial opener, in which seed dispersal was 17…28 mm.
Keywords: sod, seeder for sowing of grasses’ seeds, opener group, shoe opener, indicators of sowing quality of grasses’ seeds in a sod
2. Drincha V.M., Borisenko I.B. Sposoby razbrosnogo poseva dlya kormovykh ugodiy. [Broadcast sowing methods for forage lands]. Kormoprizvodstvo. 2014. no. 2. pp. 44-48.
3. Rekomendatsii po uluchsheniyu lugov i pastbishch v Severo-Vostochnom regione Evropeyskoy chasti Rossii. Sysuev V.A. е а. [Recommendations for improving of meadows and pastures in North-Eastern region of the European part of Russia]. Moscow: FGNU «Rosinformagrotekh», 2007. 116 p.
4. Pyatin A.M., Pyatina N.V. Polosnoy podsev bobovykh trav v derninu estestvennykh poymennykh senokosov. [Strip overseeding of grasses in sod natural floodplain grasslands]. Dostizheniya nauki i tekhniki APK. 1996. no. 3. pp. 21-23.
5. Burduk P.I. е а. Tekhnologicheskiy reglament omolozheniya lugovykh travostoev podsevom bobovykh i zlakovykh trav v derninu. [Technological procedure for rejuvenation of meadow plant stands by interplanting the leguminous and grain grasses into turf]. Melioratsiya. 2008. no. 2. pp. 215-220.
6. Mashiny TselinNIIMESKh dlya realizatsii tekhnologiy uluchsheniya estestvennykh i seyanykh mnogoletnikh trav i zagotovki grubykh kormov. Rekomendatsii. [Machine of CelinNIIMASH for implementation of technologies to improve natural and seeded perennial grasses and getting of crude forage. Recommendations]. KF TOO «KazNIIMESKh» AO «KazAgroInnovatsiya». Kostanay, 2010. 18 p.
7. Marchenko O.S. е а. Kombinirovannyy agregat MPTD-12 dlya polosnogo podseva semyan trav i travosmesey na lugakh i pastbishchakh. [Combine unit MPTD-12 for strip sowing of grass seeds and grass mixtures in meadows and pastures]. Sel’skokhozyaystvennye mashiny i tekhnologii. 2010. no. 5. pp. 15-17.
8. Revyakin E.L., Antyshev N.M. Tekhnologicheskie trebovaniya k novym tekhnicheskim sredstvam v rastenievodstve. [The technological requirements for the new technological advances in crop production]. Moscow: FGNU «Rosinformagrotekh», 2008. 60 p.
9. Laryushin N.P., Shumaev V.V., Buchma A.V. Tekhnologiya i sredstvo mekhanizatsii poseva sel’skokhozyaystvennykh kul’tur kombinirovannym soshnikom raznourovnevogo vneseniya udobreniy i raspredeleniya semyan. [Technology and mean of mechanization of sowing of agricultural crops with combined opener of different levels of fertilizer application and seed distribution]. Penza: RIO PGSKhA, 2015. 181 p.
10. Cheremisinov D.A., Doronin M.S. K voprosu razrabotki tekhnologicheskoy skhemy seyalki dlya poseva semyan trav v derninu. [About development of the technological scheme of the seeder for sowing grass seeds in the sod]. Materialy III Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii «Metody i tekhnologii v selektsii rasteniy i rastenievodstve». [Methods and technologies in plant breeding and crop production]. Kirov: NIISKh Severo-Vostoka, 2017. pp. 406-410.