Determination of heterosis for F1 reciprocal hybrids of soya-beans
Chuvash Agricultural Research Institute, v. Оpitny, Chuvash Republic, Russia
The estimation is given to reciprocal hybrids of soya bean on 4 quantitative characteristics of productivity: quantity of beans and seeds, yield of seeds and mass of 1000 seeds. In 2010 the hybrids of soya-beans of the first generation of the reciprocal crossing were subjects of investigation. In 2009 the direct and reverse artificial crossing was carried out with the participation of 9 pairs of early season and mid season groups with much higher productivity. F1 hybrids were sowed with parents. The substantial difference on quantitative indexes in direct and reverse combinations was searched out which testified about differential influence of female and male parents on genotype of generation which is caused by participation in the process of genetically active cytoplasm. High indexes of true heterosis on the characteristic “mass of seeds from the plant” were received with the participation of Chera 1 with the samples Sito (114%), SibNIIK 315 (16%) and CH 36-74-1 (42%) in direct combination and with the samples Dina (123%), CH 36-74-1 (125%) and CH 1014-1 20 (114%) in reverse combination. On the characteristic “mass of 1000 seeds” hybrid plants were inferior to parent forms; probably they were more adapted to unfavorable conditions of the testing year (The year 2010 was characterized by air and ground drought). Reciprocal effect of “female parent” with 6 pairs on four characteristics was revealed in 20 cases, while “male parents”- in 16.
Keywords: soybean, reciprocal hybrids, heterosis, quantitative indexes, reciprocal effect
1. Leshchenko A.K., Kasatkin B.V., Khotulev M.I. Soya [Soy]. Moscow: Selhosgis, 1948. 273 p.
2. Gulyaev G.V., Mal'chenko V.V. Slovar' terminov po genetike, tsitologii, selektsii, semenovodstvu i semenovedeniyu [Dictionary of terms for genetics, cytology, breeding, seed growing and seed studies]. Moscow: Rosselhosizdat, 1983. 240 p.
3. Yur'ev V.Ya., Kuchumov P.V., Linnik G.N., Vol'f V.G., Nikulin B.T. Obshchaya selektsiya i semenovodstvo polevykh kul'tur. [General breeding and seed growing of field crops]. Moscow: Selhosiz, 1955. p.69.
4. Obydalo D.I. Effektivnost' otbora iz gibridnykh populyatsiy arakhisa pri retsiproknykh skreshchivaniyakh. [Effectiveness of selection from hybrid populations of peanut in reciprocal crossings]. Bul. NTI po maslichnym kul'turam. Krasnodar: BNIIMK, 1976. Issue 1. pp. 56-58.
5. Omarov D.S. K metodike ucheta i otsenki geterozisa u rastenij [Methods of recording and evaluation of heterosis in plants]. Sel'skokhozyaystvennaya biologiya. 1975. V. 10. no.1. pp. 123-127.
6. Grriffing B.A. Concept of generate specific combining ability in relation to dialel crossing systems. Austral. Jour. Biol. Sci. 1956. V. 9. pp. 463–493.
7. Linnik V.M. Rezul'taty izucheniya ret-siproknykh gibridov F1 sorgo. [Results of study of sorghum F1 reciprocal hybrids]. Selektsiya i semenovodstvo (Kiev). 1974. no.27. pp. 37-42.
8. Gulyaev G. V., Guzhov Yu. L. Selektsiya i semenovodstvo polevykh kul'tur [Breeding and seed growing of field crops]. Moscow: Agropromizdat, 1987. 447 p.