Studying of varieties of a sweet-berry honeysuckle bred in N.I. Vavilov Institute of Plant Industry under conditions of Kirov region
Pages: 21-26.read all
1North-East Agricultural Research Institute, Kirov, Russia, 2North-East Regional Scientific Center, Kirov, Russia
Behavior of 21 varieties of a sweet-berry honeysuckle bred in N.I. Vavilov Institute of Plant Industry under conditions of Kirov region is studied during the period 2004-2013. It is revealed that winter hardiness of crop in the given conditions is influenced with numerous sharp differences of temperatures in December, January, and February from strong frosts, with fall of temperatures to -29…-31°С, and at snow surface to -39…-41°С, to thaw with rise in temperature to +1…+2°С. In these years tightening up is marked not only for flower buds but for vegetative part of plants also. It is established that despite the winter damages all studied samples have high and good regenerative ability that testify high level of their adaptation to local conditions. Studying of precocity of honeysuckle has allowed to select a group of varieties with average term of beginning of fructification (at 5-6 year after planting) - Souvenir, Viola, Bogdana, Slavyanka, and №39. Studying of correlations between degree of tighten and productivity has revealed average negative relation between the given traits (r = -0.45). By results of the long-term data the group of highly productive and stably enough fructifying varieties is selected - Souvenir, Moraine, Amphora, and Viola. Varieties Souvenir and Moraine along with these traits have high potential productivity (5.9-6.8 kg/bush). Studying of influence of average mass of 1 berry on productivity of a honeysuckle has shown average positive relation between these traits (r = 0.51). Along with it medium-scale positive influence of amount of precipitation for first two decades of June (r = 0.70) and their quantities as the sum for the given period and May (r = 0.67) on large-fruitiness of crop is noted. The group of large-fruit varieties (average mass of 1 berry – 1.0…1.2 g) is selected - Moraine, Sodruzhestvo, Souvenir, Amphora, Izbrannitsa, and 988-11. Varieties Amphora, Viola, Moraine, Souvenir, Slavyanka, and №39 are selected for conditions of Kirov region by a complex of economic valuable traits.
Keywords: sweet-berry honeysuckle, variety, form, winter hardiness, precocity, productivity, large-fruitiness, degree of shedding of berries
1. Kosolapova, G.N. Sorta plodovykh i yagodnykh kul'tur v Kirovskoy oblasti: catalog [Varieties of fruit and berry crops in Kirov region: Catalogue]. Kirov, 1989. 71 p.
2. Firsova S.V. Otsenka sortov i gibridov zhimolosty siney na adaptivnost' k usloviyam Severo-Vostoka Evropeiskoy chasty Rossii [Estimation of varieties and hybrids of a sweet-berry honeysuckle on adaptability to conditions of the Northeast of the European part of Russia]. PhD Thesis abstract. Saint-Petersburg, 2002. 18 p.
3. Programma i metodika sortoizucheniya plodovykh, yagodnykh i orekhoplodnykh kultur [The program and technique of variety testing of fruit, berry and nuciferous crops]. Orel: Publishing house VNIISPK, 1999. 608 p.
4. Plekhanova M.N. Klassifikator roda Lonicera L. podsektsii Caeruleae herd. (Zhimolost') [Classification of genus Lonicera L. Subsections Caeruleae rehd. (Honeysuckle)]. Leningrad: VIR publishing office, 1988. 25 p.
5. Dospekhov B.A. Metodika polevogo opyta (s osnovami statisticheskoy obrabotki rezul'tatov issledovaniy) [Field experiment technique (with basis of statistical processing of results of investigation)]. Мoscow: Kolos, 1979. 416 p.
6. Plekhanova M.N. Biologicheskie osobennosti zhimolosti so s'edobnymi plodami v usloviyakh Leningradskoi oblasti [Biological feature of a honeysuckle with edible fruits in the conditions of Leningrad region]. PhD Thesis abstract. Leningrad, 1979. 40 p.