Nutritional value and productivity of early varieties of a meadow clover at different regimes of use
North-East Agricultural Research Institute, Kirov, Russia
Results of researches on influence of regimes of use of two meadow clover varieties (tetraploid early variety Kudesnik and diploid middle-early two-mowing variety Martum) on their productivity and nutritional value are stated in article. Study is spent in three replications of experiment on clover herbages of first and second years of use. It is established that both varieties of clover are highly productive. Dry matter yield of a meadow clover Kudesnik in favorable years reached values of 9.52 t/ha, of variety Martum – 8.37 t/ha; in adverse years did not exceed 4 t/ha in both varieties. On the average by experiment the highest yield of dry matter of meadow clover Kudesnik is received at mowing of the first and second hay crops in a phase of full flowering – 7.37 t/ha; the least - at most early mowing terms: the first - in a beginning of budding phase, the second - in a phase of beginning of flowering – 5.78 t/ha. The most nutritious fodder mass of a meadow clover in the first hay crop (by content of crude protein, crude fat and exchange energy in 1 kg of a dry matter) can be received at it mowing in a beginning of budding phase. Concentration of a crude protein and exchange energy increased and cellulose content decreased in a green mass of second hay crops. The variety Kudesnik provided the greatest yield of exchange energy in the first year of use at mowing of the first and second hay crops in a phase of full flowering – 86.3 GJ/ha; of a protein - at all regimes of use - more than 1000 kg/hectares. The variety Martum was conceded to a variety Kudesnik on productivity at all regimes of use.
Keywords: meadow clover, regimes of use, dry matter, exchange energy, crude protein
1. Solntsev K.M. Puti resheniya problemy kormovogo belka v zhivotnovodstve [Ways of solution of problem of fodder protein in animal husbandry]. Vestnik sel'skokhozyajstvennoj nauki. 1978. nо. 7. pp. 47-55.
2. Romanenko G.A., Tyutyunnikov A.I. Korma [Fodders]. Moscow, 1997. 480 p.
3. Popov I.S. Kormlenie sel'skokhozyajstvennykh zhivotnykh [Fiddling of agricultural animals]. Moscow: Sel'khozgiz, 1957. 422 p.
4. Grigor'ev N.G., Volkov N.P., Gaganov A.P. Standartizaciya opredeleniya energeticheskoj pitatel'nosti kormov dlya zhvachnykh po obmennoj energii [Standardization of estimation of energetic nutritient value of fodders for ruminants by ecxchangeable energy]. Vestnik sel'skokhozyajstvennoj nauki. 1991. nо. 7. рp. 38-42.
5. Tashchilin V.A., Yakushev D.V. Reservy kormovogo belka Rossii i zadachi nauki po ikh uvelicheniyu i racional'nomu ispol'zovaniyu [Reserve of fodder protein of Russia and scientific tasks on their increasing and rational use]. Kormoproizvodstvo Rossii. Moscow, 1997. рp. 53-64.
6. Vavilov P.P., Posypanov G.S. Bobovye, azot i problema belka [Legumes, nitrogen and problem of protein]. Vestnik sel'skokhozyajstvennoj nauki. 1978. nо. 9. рp. 44-45.
7. Khar'kov G.D., Bondarev V.A., Novoselov M.Yu., Popov V.V. Metodicheskie rekomendacii po vozdelyvaniyu i ispol'zovaniyu na korm raznykh po skorospelosti sortov klevera lugovogo [Methodical recommendations on growing and fodder use of meadow clover varieties differ by precocity]. Moscow,2000.32 p.
8. Figurin V.A. Vyrashchivanie mnogoletnikh trav na korm [Growing of perennial grasses for fodder]. Kirov, 2013. 188 p.
9. Metodicheskiye ukazaniya po provedeniyu polevykh opytov s kormovymi kul’turami [Methodical indications for conduction of field experiments with fodder crops]. Moscow: VNII Kormov, 1997. 193 р.