Estimation of elite forms of garden strawberry under conditions of Kirov region
Pages: 23-28.read all
Vakhrusheva N.S., researcher
North-East Agricultural Research Institute, Kirov, Russia
Researches were spent in 2011…2013 in North-East Agricultural Research Institute, Kirov. The purpose of researches consisted in revealing of winter-hardy, productive, large-fruit elite forms of garden strawberry (Fragaria x ananassa Duch.). Thirteen elite forms of garden strawberry received in North-East Agricultural Research Institute by a method of intraspecific hybridization were used as objects of studying. Zoned varieties Zarja, Festivalnaya, and Borovitskaya are used as control. In work the Origin of studied samples is presented; meteorological conditions of the winter and growth periods, their influence on productivity and large-fruitiness are analyzed. Studying of 13 elite forms on winter hardiness has allowed to allocate 3 groups by the given trait. There are not revealed highly winter-hardiness forms (degree of freezing = 0 points). 1 elite form (7.7 % of studied) have included in group of winter-hardy (the maximum degree of freezing = 0.5-1.0 points; at level of a control variety Festivalnaya) 3-45. Stable productivity on years - an adaptability indicator - is noted at elite forms of early term of maturing - 3-61 and at elite forms of average term of maturing - 3-60. Adaptive elite forms are revealed: 3-61, 3-60, 3-99 (Ruslan х Rubinovy kulon). The given combination of crossings is perspective for selection on winter hardiness under conditions of Kirov region. Strong and average negative influence of freezing degree on productivity (r = -0.63 in 2011, r = -0.79 in 2012, and r = -0.68 in 2013) is revealed. Elite form 3-61 is selected by a complex of economic valuable traits combining good level of productivity (2.7 t/ha) and its stability on years, the average size of berries (6.2 g) with winter hardiness and high regenerative ability.
Keywords: garden strawberry, elite form, winter hardiness, productivity, large-fruitiness, adaptability
1. Antipenko M.I. Sortoizuchenie i podbor sortov zemlyaniki, obladayushchikh vysokoy adaptivnost'yu. [Variety testing and selection of strawberry varieties possessing high adaptability]. Sadovodstvo i vinogradarstvo. 2009. no.6. pp.25-27.
2. Zubov A.A. Geneticheskie osnovy selektsii zemlyaniki. [Genetic basis of wild strawberry breeding]. Genetika i nasledovanie vazhneyshikh khozyaystvennykh priznakov plodovykh rasteniy. [Genetics and inheritance of the major economic signs of fruit plants]. Michurinsk, 1994. pp.38-43.
3. Kirtbaya E.K. Nasledovanie khozyaystvenno-vazhnykh priznakov v selektsii zemlyaniki. [Inheritance of the economic-important traits in wild strawberry breeding]. Sadovodstvo i vinogradarstvo. 2001. no.5. pp.18-19.
4. Loginycheva A.G. Istoriya i perspektivy razvitiya sadovodstva i selektsii plodovo-yagodnykh kul'tur na Severo-Vostoke Nechernozemnoy zony Rossii. [History and prospects of development of gardening and breeding of fruit-berry crops in the North-East of the Non-Chernozem zone of Russia]. Bulletin of North-East Agricultural Research Institute. Kirov, 1995. V.1. pp. 69-72.
5. Rezul'taty sortoispytaniya sel'skokhozyaystvennykh kul'tur na Gossortouchastkakh Kirovskoy oblasti za 2012-2014 gody i sortovoe rayonirovanie na 2015 god. [Results of variety testing of agricultural crops on State testing stations of Kirov region for 2012-2014 and varietal zoning for 2015]. Kirov, 2014. 107 p.
6. 110 let Zonal'nyy NIISKh Severo-Vostoka im. N.V. Rudnitskogo 1895-2005 gg. Istoriya razvitiya i dostizheniya. [110 years of Zone North-East Agricultural Research Institute named after N.V. Rudnitsky 1895-2005]. Kirov, 2005. 188 p.
7. Programma i metodika selektsii plodovykh, yagodnykh i orekhoplodnykh kul'tur. [Program and technique of breeding of fruit, berry and nuciferous crops]. Orel: VNIISPC, 1995. 502 p.
8. Programma i metodika sortoizucheniya plodovykh, yagodnykh i orekhoplodnykh kul'tur. Pod obshch. red. E.N. Sedova i T.P.Ogol'tsovoy. [Program and technique of variety testing of fruit, berry and nuciferous crops]. Orel: VNIISPC, 1999. 608 p.
9. Dospekhov B.A. Metodika polevogo opyta (s osnovami statisticheskoy obrabotki rezul'tatov issledovaniy). [Field experiment technique]. Moscow: Agropromizdat, 1985. 351 p.