Technological features of cultivation of winter rye Falenskaya 4 under conditions of changing climate
Utkina E.I., PhD in biology, head of laboratory,
Kedrova L.I., DSc in agriculture, head of department
Shlyakhtina E.A.*, head of laboratory,
Shamova M.G., researcher,
Parfyonova E.S., PhD in agriculture,researcher
North-East Agricultural Research Institute, Kirov, Russia, *Falenki breeding station, Falenki, Russia
Winter hardiness is a major factor limiting winter rye productivity in the north-east of the European part of Russia. The problem of a rye's winter hardiness under conditions of climate change is solved by breeding in parallel with creation of resistant agro-phytocenoses. Terms of the termination of autumn vegetation have changed in connection with warming; the period of development of plants before leaving at winter has increased. It leads to over-growing of plants, its damage by wreckers and the strengthened of defeat by snow mould. The article presents results of researches on studying of sowing data and seeding rates of a winter rye variety Falenskaya 4 for obtaining of stably high grain productivity under conditions of the Kirov region. Experiences are spent in the North-East Agricultural Research Institute (the central part of the Kirov region) in 2008-2010 and at Falenki breeding station (east agro-climatic area of the central zone of the Kirov region, 2011-2013). Results of studying have shown that in uncontrollable conditions of a changing climate it is recommended to displace sowing data of a winter rye variety Falenskaya 4 for 5-10 days from earlier established calendar term. In the central part of the Kirov region optimum sowing data is the period from August, 25 till August, 30th, in east agro-climatic area of the central zone of area - on August, 20-25th. For creation of optimum density of agro-phytocenosis the seeding rate of 6 million germinated seeds per 1 hectare is recommended which has allowed to generate a maximal grain yield on the average for years of studying.
Keywords: winter rye, variety, sowing data, seeding rate, productivity, winter hardiness, productive plant stand
1. Kedrova L.I. Ozimaya rozh' v Severo-Vostochnom regione Rossii. [Winter rye in North-East region of Russia]. Kirov, 2000. 158 p.
2. Utkina E.I., Kedrova L.I., Shamova M.G., Parfenova E.S. Optimizatsiya tekhnologicheskikh priemov proizvodstva zerna ozimoy rzhi. [Optimization of technological methods of producing of winter rye grain]. Dostizheniya nauki i tekhniki APK. 2012. no. 6. pp. 38-41.
3. Shchekleina L.M., Sheshegova T.K. Immunologicheskoe sostoyanie perspektivnykh populyatsiy ozimoy rzhi selektsii NIISKh Severo-Vostoka. [Immunological state of perspective populations of winter rye bred in North-East Agricultural Research Institute]. Dostizheniya nauki i tekhniki APK. 2012. no. 6. pp. 23-26.
4. Ponomarev S.N., Ponomareva M.L., Mannapova G.S., Yakupova G.G. Novyy sort ozimoy rzhi Tantana i effektivnye priemy ego vozdelyvaniya. [New winter rye variety Tantana and effective ways of its cultivation]. Nauchnoe obespechenie APK Evro-Severo-Vostoka Rossii: Materialy Vseros. nauch.-praktich. konf. [Scientific supply of AIC of Euro-North-East of Russia: materials of AllRussian scientific-practical conference]. Saransk, 20-22 July 2010. pp. 460-462.
5. Dospekhov B.A. Metodika polevogo opyta: s osnovami statisticheskoy obrabotki rezul'tatov issledovaniy. [Methods of field experience (with the basics of statistical processing of research results)]. Moscow: Kolos, 1979. 416 p.