Use of genetic variability of forms of black currant in breeding on complex resistance to currant bud tick (Cecidophyоpsis ribis Westw.) and to American powdery mildew (Sphaerotheca mors uvae (Schw. Berk)) in Kirov region
Pages: 39-45.read all
North-East Agricultural Research Institute, Kirov, Russia
696 hybrid seedlings concerning by the genetic origin to 11 groups as well as 16 elite forms of black currant are studied during the period 2002 till 2009. Perspectivity of including of genetic variability of initial material of black currant into breeding on complex resistance to powdery mildew and to bud tick is established. A high exit of plants resistant against diseases and the pests (40.8-61.4 %) was provided with inclusion in crossings of derivatives of sticky currant (genes Sph3 and Ce) with the progeny of Scandinavian subspecies (from variety Sunderbyn 2) (gene R); of derivative of low-flowered currant with descendants of the Siberian subspecies (from variety Severjanka) that is at combination of various mechanisms of resistance. Effective combinations of crossings are revealed: 1295-18-10 х 1279-20-119, Graciya х 1284-22-147, 1295-16-82 х 1241-16-14, 1295-18-10 х 1435-29-77, Kipiana х 1241-16-14 in which the exit of seedlings with complex resistance has made 50 to 70 %. It is noticed that in breeding on combination of high level of productivity with resistance to powdery mildew and to bud tick inclusion in hybridization of derivatives of sticky currant - donors of disease resistance (gene Sph3) and to pests (gene Ce) and the descendant of variety Sunderbjun 2 - the donor of resistance to powdery mildew (gene R) – variety Slastena is perspective. It provided an exit of such seedlings at level of 18.2 to 39.8 %. By results of studying of 16 elite forms in a site of primary studying it is obtained 5 highly productive and fructifying stably enough samples with high potential productivity (14.7-17.0 t/ha). Four elite forms of various genetic origin: 1-10-96, 44-8-96, 17-10-96, and 56-8-96 are selected on complex of economic-valuable signs: productivity (more than 5.1 t/ha), large-fruitiness (average weight of a berry more than 1.2 g) and high degree of resistance to American powdery mildew (degree of defeat 0-1 point) and to bud tick (degree of defeat 1-2 points).
Keywords: black currant, hybrid seedlings, elite form, donor, resistance, American powdery mildew, current bud tick, productivity
1. Krainskiy S.D. Kul'tura yagodnykh rasteniy. [Culture of berry plants]. 1926. 190 p.
2. Knyazev S.D., Ogol'tsova T.P. Selektsiya chernoy smorodiny na sovremennom etape. [Breeding of a black currant at the present stage]. Orel: GAU, 2004. 238 p.
3. Goleneva L.M. Selektsionnaya otsenka form chernoy smorodiny na ustoychivost' k muchnistoy rose: Avtoreferat diss…. kand. s.-kh. nauk. [Breeding estimation of forms of a black currant on resistance to powdery mildew: PhD Thesis abstract]. Moscow, 1986. 21 p.
4. Ogol'tsova T.P. Selektsiya chernoy smorodiny. Proshloe, nastoyashchee, budushchee. [Breeding of a black currant. The past, present, future]. Tula, 1992. 384 p.
5. Kopan' V.P., Kopan' K.N., Boldysheva L.D. Oligogennye donory v selektsii plodovykh i yagodnykh kul'tur. [Oligogenic donors in breeding of fruit and berry crops]. Sostoyanie sortimenta plodovykh i yagodnykh kul'tur: Tez. dokl. i vyst. na Mezhdun. nauch. - metod. konf. [Condition of specimen of fruit and berry crops: Abstracts of Internat. Sci. conf.]. Orel, 1996. pp. 126-128.
6. Knyazev S.D. Effektivnost' selektsii chernoy smorodiny na sozdanie sortov s vysokim urovnem adaptatsii dlya tsentral'nykh regionov Rossii: Avtoreferat diss…. doktora s.-kh. nauk. [Efficiency of breeding of a black currant on creation of varieties with high level of adaptation for the central regions of Russia: DSc Thesis abstract]. Orel, 2002. 55 p.
7. Ogol'tsova T.P., Knyazev S.D. Itogi issledovaniy po uluchsheniyu sortimenta chernoy smorodiny i zemlyaniki na yuge Nechernozem'ya. [Result of researches on improvement of specimen of black currant and wild strawberry in the south of Non-Black Earth Region]. Selektsiya i sortorazvedenie sadovykh kul'tur. [Breeding and propagation of varieties of garden crops]. Orel, 1995. pp. 186-208.
8. Programma i metodika sortoizucheniya plodovykh, yagodnykh i orekhoplodnykh kul'tur. [The program and a technique of varietal testing of fruit, berry and nut crops]. Pod obshchey redaktsiey E.N. Sedova i T.P. Ogol'tsovoy. [Under general edition E.N. Sedov and T.P. Ogoltsova]. Orel: VNIISPK, 1999. 608 p.
9. Programma i metodika selektsii plodovykh, yagodnykh i orekhoplodnykh kul'tur. [The program and a technique of breeding of fruit, berry and nut crops]. Pod obshchey redaktsiey E.N. Sedova. [Under general edition E.N. Sedov]. Orel: VNIISPK, 1995. 502 p.
10. Dospekhov B.A. Metodika polevogo opyta: (S osnovami statisticheskoy obrabotki rezul'tatov issledovaniy). [Technique of a field experiment: (With bases of statistical processing of results of researches)]. Мoscow: Kolos, 1979. 416 p.
11. Kosolapova G.N., Plenkina G.A. Sostoyanie sortimenta i problemy selektsii chernoy smorodiny v Kirovskoy oblast. [A condition of specimen and problems of breeding of black currant in Kirov region]. Sostoyanie sortimenta plodovykh i yagodnykh kul'tur i zadachi selektsii. [Condition of specimen of fruit and berry crops and tasks of breeding]. Orel, 1996. pp. 130-132.