Features of formation of hunting farms' infrastructure
B.M. Zhitkov All-Russian Institute of Game and Fur Farming, Kirov, Russia
New law on hunting and conservation of hunting resources enacted in Russia in 2009. As a result thousands of game farms were created. Government agencies, public and industrial organizations, individual entrepreneurs are designated in the category of hunting users. Area of hunting farms varies from a few thousand hectares to several million hectares. Legislation provide for the establishment of infrastructure in hunting area. Its main elements are buildings and structures that provide opportunities to residence of hunters in hunting areas, improving habitat conditions of hunting animals and efficient shooting of animals and birds. The existence and structure of such infrastructure in hunting farms in different regions vary. Most usual are hunting base, facilities for feeding of game animals, and shooting towers. Aviaries for wild animals are built in some farms. About 2.5 thousand hunting farms announced in the media to provide bases for hunters and anglers. 100 to 200 hectares of fields for feeding animals and birds are sown annually in modern hunting economies. Number of feeding platforms usually is more than 1 per 1000 hectares of hunting areas; number of facilities for the mineral feeding varies between 0.8-1.5 per 1000 hectares of hunting areas. Number of shooting towers can be more than 2 per 1000 hectares of hunting areas. However, the prevailing number of game farms did not reach such results in the arrangement of hunting holding. Modern features of formation of the infrastructure of hunting farms are largely determined by funding opportunities and services of hunting destination. Infrastructure elements should be fully reflected in the accounting documents for conducting hunting registry, as well as the positioning of farms in the media in order to increase the volume of services to the hunting destination.
Keywords: hunting holding, infrastructure
1. «Ob okhote i o sokhranenii okhotnich'ikh resursov…». [«On hunting and the preservation of hunting resources ... »]. Law № 209 of 24.07. 2009.
2. «Ob utverzhdenii Poryadka organizatsii vnutrikhozyaystvennogo okhotustroystva». [«On approval of Order of organization of intra-farm hunting management »]. № 559 Order of the Ministry of Natural Resources on December 23. 12. 2010.
3. Benderskiy E.V. Rossiyskomu okhotnich'e-rybolvnomu soyuzu – 50 let. [Russian Hunting and Fishing Union - 50 years]. Okhota i okhotnich'e khozyaystvo. 2008. no. 12.ppS. 6-10.
4. Danilkin A.A. Dikie kopytnye v okhot-nich'em khozyaystve (osnovy upravleniya resur-sami). [Wild ungulates in hunting holding (basic of resource management)]. Moscow: GEOS, 2006. 366 p.
5. Kuznetsov B.A. Biotekhnicheskie meropriyatiya v okhotnich'em khozyaystve. [Biotechnical measures in hunting holding]. Moscow: Lesnaya Promyshlennost Publ. 1974. 224 p.
6. Osnovnye vidy biotekhnicheskikh mero-priyatiy, rekomenduemykh dlya provedeniya v okhotnich'ikh ugod'yakh assotsiatsii «Rosokhotry-bolovsoyuz». Utverzhdeny Tsentral'nym sovetom Rosokhotrybolovsoyuza 11 dekabrya 1985 g. [The main types of biotechnical measures recommended for hunting holdings of the association "Rosokhotrybolovsoyuz." Approved by the Central Council of Rosokhotrybolovsoyuz 11.12. 1985].
7. Normativy osnovnykh biotekhnicheskikh meropriyatiy. Utverzhdeny Glavnym upravleniem okhotnich'ego khozyaystva i zapovednikov pri sovete Ministrov RSFSR. [Specification of major biotechnical measures. Approved by the General Directorate of hunting and nature reserves at the Council of Ministers of the RSFSR]. Moscow, 1986.