Productivity and baking properties of winter triticale under conditions of Kirov region in depending on varietal features
North-East Agricultural Research Institute, Kirov, Russia, *Federal Institution “Gossortcomissia”, Kirov regional branch
E-mail: niish-sv@ mail. ru; email@example.com
Winter triticale can overcome both its parents (wheat and rye) on such important parameters as productivity and nutritional value of grain in most agricultural regions of world. Thus quality of triticale is caused with varietal features in significant degree. Each exact zone of cultivation must have varieties combining high productivity and technological properties of grain in optimum. Estimation of winter triticale varieties (Zimogor, Almaz, Topaz, and Kapral) grown at Sovietsky state varietal site at south soil-climatic zone of Kirov region by productivity and baking properties was carried out in 2012-2013. Estimation of productivity was done by routine methods on varietal testing of agricultural crops. Baking properties were estimated by state of protein and carbohydrate-amylase complex and parameters of quality of laboratory samples of breads making with flour of 65 and 95% outputs. It is established that variety Zimogor, Topaz, and Kapral had similar levels of grain yield per hectare (4.34, 4.22, and 4.36 t/ha accordingly) Almaz had highest grain yield at 2012-2013 (5/01 t/ha). All studied varieties of triticale were classified as I group (good quality of gluten) on parameters of gluten quality. As a whole flour from grain of studied varieties is characterized with lowered baking properties: gluten content is lowered – less than 19%; high of amylograme – less than 90 units; falling number – 68 second and less; all that testify high activity of amylolytic enzymes. Variety Topaz was the best on organoleptic and physical-chemical parameters of quality of laboratory samples of bread from flour of 65% and 95% output in both years of investigation: bread from grain of this variety had high porosity (63 and 53% accordingly) and highest specific volume (1.80 and 1.43 cm3/g). The second one is standard Zimogor.
Keywords: winter triticale, varieties, productivity, flour, baking properties
1. Ponomarev S.N., Ponomareva M.L., Fomin S.I. Adaptivnyy potentsial sortov ozimoy tritikale severnoy chasti srednego Povolzh'ya. [Adaptive potential of winter triticale varieties of north part of Middle Povolzhje]. Vladimirskiy Zemledelets. 2011. no.2. pp.17-21.
2. Mikhaylov N.V., Goryanina T.A. Adaptivnye svoystva sortov ozimoy tritikale (Triticosecale Wittmack) v usloviyakh Srednego Povolzh'ya. [Adaptive properties of winter triticale (Triticosecale Wittmack) varieties under conditions of Middle Povolzhje]. Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra Rossiyskoy aka-demii nauk, spets. vypusk «Razvitie nauchnogo naslediya akademika Nikolaya Maksimovicha Tulaykova». [Processing of Samara Scientific Center of Russian Academy of Sciences, special issue "Development of scientific legacy of academician Nikolay Maximovich Tulaikov"]. 2008. pp. 112-117.
3. Rezul'taty sortoispytaniya sel'skokho-zyaystvennykh kul'tur na gos-sortouchastkakh Kirovskoy oblasti za 2009-2011 gody i sortovoe rayonirovanie na 2012 god. [Results of varietal testing of agricultural crops on State Variety Testing Stations of Kirov region for 2009-2011 and varietal zoning for 2012 ]. Kirov, 2011. 116 p.
4. Rezul'taty sortoispytaniya sel'skokho-zyaystvennykh kul'tur na gos-sortouchastkakh Kirovskoy oblasti za 2011-2013 gody i sortovoe rayonirovanie na 2014 god. [Results of varietal testing of agricultural crops on State Variety Testing Stations of Kirov region for 2011-2013 and varietal zoning for 2014]. Kirov, 2013. 113 p.
5. Pashchenko L.P., Stranadko G.G., Lyubar' A.V., Pashchenko L.Yu., Kulakova Yu.A. Produkty pererabotki zerna tritikale v tekhnologii khlebobulochnykh izdeliy. [Stuffs of triticale grain processing in technology of bakery produce]. Vestnik RASKhN. 2003. no.2. pp. 84-86.
6. Maysak G.P., Voloshin V.A. Sravni-tel'naya otsenka sortov ozimoy tritikale pri vozdelyvanii na zerno v Predural'e. [Comparative estimation of winter triticale varieties at cultivation for grain in PredUral]. Agrarnaya nauka Evro-Severo-Vostoka. 2011. no. 2. pp. 4-8.
7. Skuratovskaya O.D. Kontrol' kachestva produktsii fiziko-khimicheskimi metodami. [Cont-rol of quality of staffs with physical-chemical methods]. 1. Bakery produce. Second impro-vement and added edition. Moscow: DeLi Print, 2002. 102 p.
8. Vasilenko I.I., Komarov V.I. Otsenka kachestva zerna: Spravochnik. [Estimation of grain quality: Hand-book]. Moscow: Agropro-mizdat, 1987. 208 p.
9. Belousova E.M., Kruk R.V. Khlebope-karnye kachestva tritikale i metod ikh otsenki. [Baking qualities of triticale and methods of its estimation]. Selektsiya i semenovodstvo. 1980. no. 3. pp. 29-31.