The effect of the solutions of whey and growth stimulators on productivity and quality of spring wheat grain
Pashkova G.I., PhD in agriculture, associate professor,
Kuz'minykh A.N., PhD in agriculture, associate professor
Mari State University, Yoshkar-Ola, Republic of Mari-El, Russia
Increasing of productivity and grain quality of spring wheat under conditions of Republic of Mari El is one of the main tasks of agricultural science and practice. In decision of this task an important role belongs to growth regulators as they can stimulate growth and development of plants, increase resistance to stressful growing conditions being used in extremely low concentrations. The use of milk whey solution at different concentrations was studied experimentally in the Republic of Mari El for the first time. At the first stage of research the optimal concentration of milk whey solution positively influencing on grain yield of spring wheat was determined. The highest yield was in the variants with application of the solution in the ratio whey : water – 2:10 and 3:10. The increase to the control was significant – 0.38…0.39 t/ha. At the second stage it was studied the effect of milk whey solutions and growth stimulators Planriz and Zircon on the photosynthesis activity of crops, yield and grain quality of spring wheat. It was revealed that treatment of crops with whey solutions increases photosynthetic capacity and net photosynthetic productivity in the period of stem elongation – earing respectively on 131.0-138.8 thousand m2/ha × day and 2.0-2.4 g/m2 × day. Use of solutions of milk whey and growth regulators provides a significant increasing of grain yield. Thus use of milk whey solutions was more effective. The increase in yield was 0.33-0.35 t/ha. The use of whey solutions has greatly improved technological properties of grain: it increases the grain protein content by 1.6…1.8 %, of gluten – by 1.0-1.1% and hardness – by 5.0-7.2%.
Keywords: spring wheat, milk whey solution, growth regulators, Zircon, Planes, leaf area, net photosynthesis productivity, grain yield, grain quality
1. Kryuchkov A.G., Teykhrib P.P., Popov A.N. Tverdaya pshenitsa. Sovremennye tekhnologii vozdelyvaniya. [Durum wheat. Modern technologies of tillage]. Orenburg: OOO «Orenburgskoe knizhnoe izdatel'stvo», 2008. 704 p.
2. Bugaev P.D., Lammas M.E. Fotosinteticheskaya deyatel'nost' posevov yachmenya pri primenenii khimicheskikh i biologicheskikh preparatov [Photosynthetic activity of barley with the application of chemical and biological agents]. Plodorodie. 2013. no. 4. pp. 7-8.
3. Vakulenko V.V. Vliyanie regulyatorov rosta na urozhainost' sel'skokhozyaistvennykh kul'tur v razlichnykh zonakh Rossii [Effect of growth regulators on the yield of agricultural crops in different zones of Russia]. Zernovoe khozyaystvo Rossii. 2015. no. 1. pp. 24-26.
4. Sinegovskaya V.T., Abrasimova T.E. Aktivaciya fotosinteticheskoj deyatel'nosti yarovoj pshenicy pri dlitel'nom primenenii udobrenij [Activation of photosynthetic activity Yaro-howl wheat with long term use of fertilizers]. Vestnik Rossiyskoy akademii sel'skokhozyaystvennykh nauk. 2006. no. 5. pp. 43-45.
5. Plyushch E.V. Razrabotka tekhnologii polucheniya iz molochnoy syvorotki regulyatorov rosta rasteniy s ispol'zovaniem elektroaktivirovannoy vody, protsessov sorbtsii i fermentatsii: avtoref. dis… kand. tekhn. nauk: 05.18.07. [Development of technology of obtaining of plant growth regulator from whey with the use of electroactivated water, sorption processes and fermentation: Author's abstract of PhD Thesis]. Stavropol', 2005. 20 p.
6. Nichiporovich A.A., Stroganova A.E., Chmora S.N., Vlasova M.P. Fotosinteticheskaya deyatel'nost' rasteniy v posevakh. [Photosynthetic activity of plants in crops]. Moscow: Izd-vo AN SSSR, 1961. 211 p.
7. Metodika gosudarstvennogo sortoispytaniya sel'skokhozyaystvennykh kul'tur. [Methodology of state variety testing of agricultural crops]. Vyp. 2., Moscow, 1989. 194 p.
8. Tsirkon – prirodnyy regulyator rosta, primenenie v sel'skom khozyaystve: Sbornik nauchnykh trudov. [Zircon – natural growth regulator, used in agriculture: Collection of scientific works]. Moscow: NNPP «NEST M», 2010.
9. Planriz: Biotekhagro. [Planriz: Biotech-agro]. [Electronic source] Available at: http:// www.biotechagro.ru/products/docs/planriz_1.pdf. (accessed 25.03.2012).