Influence of “Immoveton-aero” on parameters of immunity of calves at the critical period of calf rearing
Sisyagin P.N., DSc in veterinary, corresponding member of the RAS, director,
Sisyagina E.P., DSc in veterinary, leading researcher,
Redzhepova G.R., PhD in veterinary, leading researcher,
Ubitina I.V., leading biochemist
Research Veterinary Institute of Non-Chernozem Zone of Russian Federation, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Mixed viral-bacterial respiratory infections in calves remain a most actual problem for the veterinary medicine. Conditions due to modern livestock management practices cause rise of morbidity for respiratory infections in calves to 90-100%. In 20-30- day old calves there is a critical period because of expenditure and destruction of natural colostral protective factors in the background of insufficiency of own immunogenesis. In this period the feeding changes and the calves are transferred from individual to group housing. All these changes cause stress. Respiratory infections occur and develop as mixed infections associated with different combinations of viruses complicated by bacterial agents. The effect of drug mixture“Immoveton-Aero” on immunological parameters in clinically healthy calves in the critical period of calf-rearing was evaluated. Use of this drug mixture in the form of an aerosol spray at the doses of 4,0 and 5,0 ml/m3 was found to optimize initially reduced immunological parameters in healthy calves characterized by increase of relative number of T- and B-lymphocytes by 38,32% and 45,41% respectively, of absolute number of T- and B-lymphocytes by 47 and 50%, of functional activity of blood neutrophils in spontaneous and induced tests by 23, 21% and 38,18% respectively, of levels of IgG by 30 and 27%, of IgM by 22 and 11% respectively, of lysozyme activity of blood serum by 73 and 64% when compared with the background study. The stimulating influence of drug mixture in the form of an aerosol spray on immunological parameters in clinically healthy calves in the critic period of their rearing in farms with high prevalence of mixed respiratory infections was revealed and confirmed.
Keywords: calves, mixed viral-bacterial respiratory infections, immunodeficiency, “Immovetn-Aero”
1. Sisyagin P.N., Sisyagina E.P., Redzhepova G.R., Yuldashov Yu.B., Ubitina I.V. Immunnyy status u klinicheski zdorovykh i bol'nykh smeshannymi respiratornymi boleznyami telyat v zavisimosti ot assotsiatsii vozbuditeley. [Immune status in clinically healthy calves and calves with mixed respiratory diseases depending on pathogen associations]. Veterinariya sel'skokhozyaystvennykh zhivotnykh. 2012. no. 9. pp. 54-59.
2. Fedorov Yu.N. Kliniko-immunologicheskaya kharakteristika i immunokorrektsiya immunodefitsitov zhivotnykh. [Clinical and immunological characteristics and immune correction of immunodeficiency in animals]. Veterinariya. 2013. no.2. pp. 3-8.
3. Lisitsyn V.V. Problemy respiratornykh bolezney molodnyaka krupnogo rogatogo skota i puti ikh resheniya. [Problems of respiratory diseases in young cattle and ways of its solution]. Veterinariya sel'skokhozyaystvennykh zhivotnykh. 2010. no.5. pp. 12-16.
4. Sisyagin P.N., Redzhepova G.R., Sisyagina E.P., Nikulin D.M., Yuldashov Yu.B. Immunologicheskiy status telyat pri respiratornykh boleznyakh i sposob ego korrektsii. [Immune status of calves at respiratory diseases and way of its correction]. Agrarnaya nauka Evro-Severo-Vostoka. 2011. no.1 (20). pp. 62-66.
5. Andreeva A., Yakupova G. Sochetannoe primenenie antimikrobnykh i immunostimuliruyushchikh preparatov pri respiratornoy patologii telyat. [Combined use of antimicrobic drugs and immunostimulants at respiratory diseases in calves]. Veterinariya sel'skokhozyaystvennykh zhivotnykh. 2011. no.11. pp. 42-44.
6. Blinov N.I. Metody vyyavleniya i identifikatsii T- i V-limfotsitov. [Methods of detection and identification of T- and B-lymphocytes]. Clinical laboratory diagnostics in veterinary medicine. [pod. red. Kondrakhina]. Moskva, 1985. pp. 215-222.
7. Viksman M.E., Mayanskiy A.N. Sposob otsenki funktsional'noy aktivnosti neytrofilov krovi cheloveka po reaktsii vosstanovleniya nitrosinego tetrazoliya. [Method of estimating of functional activity of human blood neutrophils in the reaction with nitroblue tetrazolium reduction]. Methodical recommendations. Kazan', 1979. 13 p.
8. Manchini G., Carbonara A.O., Hereman I.P. Immunochemical guantitation of antigens by single radial Immunodiffusion // Immunochemistry. 1965. V 2. pp. 235-254.
9. Dorofeychuk V.G. Opredelenie aktivnosti lizotsima nefelometricheskim metodom. [Estimation of lysozyme activity by nephelometric method]. Laboratornoe delo. 1969. no.1. pp. 15-18.
10. Plokhinskiy N.A. Rukovodstvo po biometrii dlya zootekhnikov. [Guide on biometrics for livestock specialists]. Moscow: Kolos, 1969. 256 p.