Influence of Prolam probiotic on parameters of natural resistance and metabolic status of newborn calves
Korableva T.P., DSc in veterinary, professor, head of cathedra,
Senchuk I.V., PhD in veterinary, associated professor
Crimean Federal University named after V.I. Vernadsky, Simferopol', Russia
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Results of test of probiotic preparation Prolam's influence on safety of newborn calves, parameters of non-specifity resistance, and parameters of nitrogen metabolism and activity of transaminases are presented in the article. It is established that input of 20 ml of preparation during 10 days strongly prevented development of hard form of diarrhea syndrome obtaining 100% safety. Using of low doses of preparation (5 ml during 10 days) doae not supply sufficient degree of profilaxy and leads to forced slaughter of 20% of calves in experimental group. In control group safety of calves was 60%. At the end of experiment level of urea content in calves supplying with 20 ml of probiotic had significantly lower values in compare with control group (Р < 0.05) – 4.82±0.20 and 5.40±0.16 mmol/l accordingly. In group supplying with 5 ml of probiotic there were not significant intergroup differences on this parameter. Control calves had significantly higher values of transaminases (АsАТ and АlАТ) activity than in experimental groups because of intoxication with disbacteriosis. It is expecially manifested at use of 20 ml of preparation. Beside that the given scheme of Prolame using had pronounced influence on parameters of functional activity of neutrofiles. Thus reservoirces of neutrofiles at 10 day of experiment exceed the control parameter by 1.55 times (P < 0.05) and phagocytic number – by 2.25 times (P < 0.05). So, using of prebiotic preparation Prolam for newborn calves at 20 ml during 10 days prevents development of diarrhea syndrome and increases non-specific resistance of organism.
Keywords: probiotic, newborn calves, NST-test, urea, АsАТ, АlАТ, safety diarrhea syndrome
1. Anan'ev M.S., Ozdemirov A.A., Ramazanova D.M., Aygubova S.A. e. a. Etiologiya zabolevaniy telyat, soprovozhdayushchikhsya diareey v Prikaspiyskom regione Rossii. [Ethiology of calves' diseases following with diarrhea in Pricaspian region of Russia]. Veterinariya. 2015. no.11. pp. 49-52.
2. Oleynik A. Neonatal'naya diareya telyat. [Neonatal diarrhea in calves]. Molochnoe i myasnoe skotovodstvo. 2009. no. 2. pp. 26-28.
3. Mikityuk L.V. Shlunkovo-kishkovі khvorobi novonarodzhenikh telyat. [Gastrointestinal diseases in newborn calves]. Veterinarna meditsina Ukraїni. 2009. no. 12. pp. 18-19.
4. Kondrakhin I.P. Dispepsiya novorozhdennykh telyat – uspekhi, problemy. [Dispepsia of newborn calves – successes and problems]. Veterinariya. 2003. no. 1. pp. 39-43.
5. Leont'eva I. Opyt primeneniya baktosubtila pri lechenii diareynykh bolezney novorozhdennykh telyat. [Experience of bactosubtile use at cure of diarrhea diseases in newborn calves]. Veterinariya sel'sko-khozyaystvennykh zhivotnykh. 2015. no. 10. pp. 32-39.
6. Grimanov V.V., Fisenko N.V., Vakhitov R.R. Vliyanie probiotika «Vetsporin» na immuno-biologicheskie pokazateli u bychkov. [Influence of Vetsporine probiotic on immune-biological parameters in calves]. Materialy Mezhdun. nauchno-prakt. konf. Ufa: Bashkirskiy GAU, 2013. Part. 1. pp. 164-166.
7. Topuriya L.Yu., Porvatkin I.V. Sostoyanie faktorov estestvennoy rezistentnosti telyat pri ispol'zovanii probiotika olina. [State of natural resistance factors in calves at use of Oline probiotic]. Izvestiya Orеnburgskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta. 2012. no. 37-1. V. 5. pp. 88-91.
8. Park B.H., Fikrig S.M., Smithwich E.M. Infection and nitrobluetetrazolium reduction by neutrophils a diagnostic aid. Lancet. 1968. Vol.11. no. 2. pp. 532-534.