ВEffect of technological methods on the formation of seed productivity of a Lotus corniculatus in the Udmurt Republic
Nelyubina Zh.S., PhD in agriculture, leading researcher,
Kasatkina N.I., PhD in agriculture, leading researcher
The Udmurt Research Institute of Agriculture, Pervomayskiу, Udmurt Republiс, Russia
Lotus corniculatus – valuable bean fodder crop, the main advantages of which are its long life, high resistance to trampling, nutritional value, the ability to grow on acidic soils. However, the spread of a lotus on the territory of the Udmurt Republic is restrained due to the complexity of its seed production, which is due to the biological characteristics of this culture (weak resistance to shading, high pod shatter, small seeds). Researches to identify the best cover crop, method of sowing and seeding rates were conducted in Udmurt Agricultural Research Institute in 2010-2015 in order to develop technology of cultivation of a Lotus corniculatus for seeds. On average for three years use the seed production of a Lotus corniculatus was 144-373 kg / ha. The level of variation of seeds productivity a lotus an average by experience in the years of accounting was high (V = 58%). A significant increase the gathering of seeds was obtained at sowing a lotus without cover and under the cover of winter wheat, ordinary row seeding way, with a seeding rate of 8-9 mln. seeds / ha. Formation of a high seed yields in distinguished variants occurred due to a larger number of stems to harvest (497-545 pcs. / m2), little beans on 1 stalk (10.0-12.3 pcs.), seeds in 1 little bean (13.3-14.1 pcs.). On average during the years of studies laboratory germination of the obtained seeds was 64-70%, content of solid seeds - 30-36%, mass of 1000 seeds was in the range 1.04-1.13 g.
Keywords: Lotus corniculatus, cover crop, method of sowing, seeding rate, yield of seed, structure, seed quality
1. Kul'turnaya flora. [Cultural flora]. Vol.13. Mnogoletnie bobovye travy: klever, lyadvenets. [Perennial legumes: clover, lotus]. N.A. Mukhina e.a. Moscow: Kolos, 1993. 335 p.
2. Lukashevich N.P., Zen'kova N.N. Tekhnologiya proizvodstva i zagotovki kormov. [Technology of production and conservation of fodder]. Vitebsk: VGAVM, 2009. 250 p.
3. Kiselev N.P., Kormshchikov A.D., Nikiforova E.V. Vyatskie klevera. [Vyatsky clovers]. Kirov: Vyatka, 1995. 276 p.
4. Nelyubina Zh.S., Fatykhov I.Sh., Kasatkina N.I. Agrofitotsenozy mnogoletnikh bobovykh i myatlikovykh trav v Srednem Predural'e. [Agrophytocenosis of perennial legumes and bluegrass grasses in the Middle Urals]. Izhevsk: FGBOU VPO IzhGSKhA, 2014. 132 p.
5. Zaripova G.K., Shiriev V.M. Lugopastbishchnye travy dlya uluchsheniya prirodnykh kormovykh ugodiy, raspolozhennykh v raznykh ekologicheskikh usloviyakh Bashkortostana. [Grassland grasses for improving natural forage lands located in different ecological conditions of Bashkortostan]. Kormoproizvodstvo. 2013. no. 2. pp. 32-34.
6. Nelyubina Zh.S., Karimov A.F., Kasatkina N.I. Kormovaya i semennaya produktivnost' lyadventsa rogatogo v usloviyakh Srednego Predural'ya. [Feed and seed production of a lotus corniculatus in conditions of the Middle Urals]. Sovremennye tekhnologii vyrashchivaniya sel'skokhozyaystvennykh kul'tur: materialy 3 Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii molodykh uchenykh. [Modern technologies of cultivation of agricultural crops: Materials of the 3rd International scientific-practical conference of young scientists]. Kiev: Institut bioenergeticheskikh kul'tur i sakharnoy svekly, 2014. pp. 265-270.
7. Zaripova G.K. Tekhnologicheskie priemy vozdelyvaniya na semena lyadventsa rogatogo v usloviyakh Bashkortostana. [The processing method of cultivation of lotus corniculatus for seed in terms of Bashkortostan]. Genetika, biotekhnologiya, selektsiya i semenovodstvo. 2014. no. 10. pp. 31-33.
8. Tumasova M.I., Gripas' M.N., Ustyuzhanin I.A. Tekhnologiya vozdelyvaniya lyadventsa rogatogo na korm i semena. [Technology of cultivation of a lotus corniculatus for feed and seeds]. Kirov: NIISKh Severo-Vostoka imeni N.V. Rudnitskogo, 2004. 49 p.
9. Metodicheskie ukazaniya po provedeniyu issledovaniy v semenovodstve mnogoletnikh trav. [Guidelines for the carrying out of studies in seed production of perennial grasses]. Moscow: VNII kormov im. V.R. Vil'yamsa, 1986. 136 p.
10. Novoselov Yu.K. Metodicheskie ukazaniya po provedeniyu polevykh opytov s kormovymi kul'turami. [Guidelines on carrying out of field experiments with forage crops]. Moscow: RASKhN, 1997. 156 p.
11. Dospekhov B.A. Metodika polevogo opyta. [Methods of field experiment]. Moscow: Kolos, 1985. 416 p.
12. Hampton J.G., Qingfeng L. I. and M. D. Hare (1989) Grows Regulator Effects on Seed Production of Lotus corniculatus L. and Lotus uliginosus Schkuhr. Processing of the XVI International Grassland Congress, Nice. pp. 631-632.