Resistance of pea varieties to aschochyta blight in varying environmental conditions
Gradoboeva T.P., PhD in biology, associate professor, head of laboratory
Falenki breeding station, s. Falenki, Kirov region, Russia
Results of estimation of resistance level and adaptive potential of pea varieties against aschochyta blight in infectious background under varying weather conditions for 2013-2016 (HTC from 0.70 up to 1.61). Two hundred and eighty two varieties of pea of domestic and foreign breeding were analysed. During investigation period 11.8% of varieties had resistance to black-spot aschochytosis estimated by beans, and 5.0% - to light-spot one. Resistance of beans and high resistance of seeds to light-spot aschochytosis (Е-182, Д-23417, and Е-3767) and dark-spot aschochytosis (Verkholuzskaya, Е-413, Е-3588, Е-3923, and Е-3598) was revealed. This trait was more stable in varieties Stabil (V = 14.9%), Е-3923 (V = 25.1%), D-23417 (V = 44.1%), and Е-3767 (V = 45.1%). These varieties may be used in breeding as sources of resistance to disease. Most part of varieties selected by resistance to aschochytosis belongs to intensive type varieties (bi>1). Varieties Ryabchik, Е-246, Valleg Fanndation, and D-23417 weakly react to change of environmental factors (bi<1). In conditions of artificial epiphytoty field pea varieties Е-3598, Е-3767, and D-22596 as well as varieties of garden pea Е-3542, Е-3541, and Е-495 significantly exceed varieties Ryabchik and Krasnoufimsky on yield capacity. Higher stability of the trait in marked in varieties Е-3767 (PUSS = 359.3), Е-3598 (PUSS = 323.2), Е-3542 (PUSS = 216.4), Е-3541 (PUSS = 287.6), and Е-246 (PUSS = 389.5). Varieties Е-3767, Е-246, and Е-3796 had stability and high homeostatics (Hom = 26.0, 25.9, and 10.7 correspondly), i.e. had genetic mechanism able to resist to unfavorable environmental factors. Pea varieties selected in infectious background may be used in breeding for resistance to diseasу and high stable productivity.
Keywords: pea, variety, aschochytosis, resistance, infectious background, yield capacity, plasticity, stability
1. Sameresova V.A., Shikal'chik N.V. Vredonosnost' temnopyatnistogo askokhitoza v Belorusii. [Harmfulness of dark-spot aschochytosis in Belorussia]. Zashchita rasteniy. Minsk, 1991. no.16. pp. 83-85.
2. Ovchinnikova A.M., Guseva N.N., Andryukhina R.M., Vladimirtseva L.V. Metodicheskie ukazaniya po izucheniyu ras vozbuditeley temno-pyatnistogo i blednopyatnistogo askokhitoza. [Methodical indications on study of race agents of dark-spot and light-spot aschochytosis]. Saint Petersburg, 1993. 20 p.
3. Kunichenko N.A. O vozbuditelyakh kornevoy gnili ovoshchnogo gorokha v Moldove. [About agents of root rot in garden pea in Moldova]. Mikologiya i fitopatologiya. 1991. Vol. 25. Iss. 1. pp. 68-72.
4. Hwang S.F., Lopetinsky K., Evans I.R. Effects of seed inftction by Ascochyta spp. Fungicide seed treatment, and cultivar on yield parameters of field pea under field conditions. Can. Plant Disease Surv. 1991. 71. no. 2. С. 169-172.
5. Ovchinnikova A.M., Andryukhina R.M., Azarova E.F. Metody uskorennoy otsenki selektsionnogo materiala gorokha na infektsionnykh i provokatsionnykh fonakh. [Methods of rapid estimation of pea breeding material on infectious and provocative backgrounds]. Moscow, 1990. 24 p.
6. Pakudin V.Z. Otsenka ekologicheskoy plastichnosti sortov. [Estimation of ecological plasticity in varieties]. Geneticheskiy analiz kolichestvennykh i kachestvennykh priznakov s pomoshch'yu matematiko-statisticheskikh metodov. [Genetical analysis of quantitative and qualitative traits with help of mathematical-and-statistical methods]. Moscow: VNIITEISKh, 1973. pp. 40-44.
7. Kil'chevskiy A.V., Khotyleva L.V. Ekologicheskaya selektsiya rasteniy. [Ecological plant breeding]. Minsk: Tekhnologiya, 1997. 66 p.
8. Dospekhov B.A. Metodika polevogo opyta. [Methods of field experiments]. Moscow, 1985. 336 p.
9. Gradoboeva T.P. Askokhitoz i kornevye gnili gorokha, vyyavlenie ustoychivykh sortov v usloviyakh Severo-Vostoka: avtoref…. kand. biol. nauk. [Aschochytosis and root rot of peas, selection of resistant varieties in conditions of North-East: Author'a abstract of PhD Thesis]. Saint Petersburg, 2000. 23 p.