Productive quality of cows at use of bio-supplement VERVA in dry period
Dursenev M.S., PhD in biology, associated professor,
Filatov A.V., DSc in veterinary, professor
Vyatka State Agricultural Academy, Kirov, Russia
The increase in manufactury of dairy products in large complexes is not currently possible without usage of biologically active supplements to diets. Most promising in this direction are the supplements of natural origin, such as VERVA. The purpose of the research was to estimate the effect of supplement VERVA on cow performance and economic efficiency of milk production. Experimental studies conducted in conditions of “Agrofirma “Bobino-M” in Kirov region on the high-yielding Holsteins cows of black-motley breed in the dry period. Three groups of cows with 10 animals each were involved in scientific-economic experiment: two test groups and one control. Animals of 1 and 2 experimental groups received Supplement VERVA in the amount of 5 and 10 ml per head per day during 60-day dry period. Before use liquid feed additive was 10 times diluted with water and added to the feed mixture for the basic diet balanced according to the norms approved by аll-Russian Institute of Animal Husbandry. All animals were monitored during childbirth and the postpartum state, and records of milk production were kept. According to the results of studies it have shown that the Supplement had a positive impact on the childbirth and the postpartum state of animals, quantity and quality of resulting dairy products. Mastitis was observed 2 times less in the test groups in comparison with the control. The amount of milk fat in the test groups was higher respectively by 4.9% (p < 0.05) and 2.7% in comparison with the control group. The amount of protein in the milk of animals of first test group was higher by 11.4% (p < 0.05) in comparison with the control, in the second test group - by 6.9%. The profit of additionally produced milk through the use of supplements made 91.60 thousand RUB in 1-st group; in 2 group – 48.42 thousand rubles.
Keywords: cows, dry period, VERVA, productivity, economical effect
1. Zharikov Ya.A., Khurshkaynen T.V. Vliyanie kormovykh dobavok iz pikhty na produktivnost’ doynykh korov. [Effect of feed additives from fir on the productivity of dairy cows]. Zootekhniya. 2011. no. 5. pp. 9-12.
2. Zharikov Ya.A., Khurshkaynen T.V. Rekomendatsii po primeneniyu kormovoy dobavki Verva dlya krupnogo rogatogo skota. [Recommendations on the use of food additives Verva for cattle]. Syktyvkar, 2012. 7 p.
3. Sposob vydeleniya biologicheski aktivnoy sumy kislot iz drevesnoy zeleni pikhty. [A method for isolating biologically active amounts of acids from fir woody greens]. Patent RF no. 2161149 2000.
4. Gafarov Sh.S., Boyarintseva G.G. Prirodnye mineral’nye dobavki v kormlenii molochnogo skota. [Natural mineral additives in the feeding of dairy cattle]. Strategiya razvitiya rossiyskogo agrarnogo obrazovaniya i agrarnoy nauki v XXI veke: materialy mezhdunarodnoy prakticheskoy konferentsii, posvyashchennoy 70-letiyu UrGSKhA. [Strategy of development of the Russian agricultural education and agricultural science in the XXI century: materials of the international conference dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the Ural state agrarian academy]. Ekaterinburg: UrGSKhA, 2010. pp. 126-129.
5. Gafarov Sh.S., Shatskikh E.V., Safronov S.L. Rezul’taty issledovaniy soley mikroelementov v kormlenii molodnyaka krupnogo rogatogo skota. [Research results for salts of microelements in the feeding of young cattle]. Sostoyanie i perspektivy raz vitiya skotovodstva: materialy mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii, posvya shchennoy 100-letiyu so dnya rozhdeniya professora N. I. Nusova. [The State and prospects of development of cattle breeding: proceedings of the international scientific-practical conference devoted to the 100 anniversary of Professor N.I. Nosova]. Krasnodar, 2009. pp. 217-223.
6. Biologicheski aktivnaya dobavka kormovaya «Verva». [Biologically active feed additive “Verva”]. Patent RF no. 2485793. 2013.
7. Instruktsiya po primeneniyu dobavki kormovoy VERVA dlya povysheniya produktivnosti i sokhrannosti krupnogo rogatogo skota i tsyplyat-broylerov. [Instructions for use of food additives VERVA to improve productivity and safety of cattle and broiler chickens]. Syktyvkar: OOO «NTP instituta khimii KNTs Uro RAN», 2011. 2 p.
8. Rodin N.V., Avdeenko A.V., Avdeenko V.S. Faktory, sposobstvuyushchie rasprostraneniyu zabolevaniy vymen i korov. [The factors contributing to the spread of diseases of the udders and the cows]. Sovremennye problemy veterinarii, zootekhnii i biotekhnologii. Mezhd. nauch. prakt. konf.: sb.trudov. [Modern problems of veterinary, zootechny and biotechnology. Int. scientific. pract. conf.]. Saratov: iz-vo FGBOU VPO Saratovskiy GAU, 2013. pp. 208-210
9. Rodin N.V., Avdeenko V.S., Avdeenko A.V. Etiologiya i differentsial’naya diagnostika subklinicheskogo mastita u korov. [Etiology and differential diagnosis of subtle clinical mastitis in cows]. Zhivotnovodstvo Rossii v usloviyakh VTO: mater. Mezhd. nauch. prakt. konf. molodykh uchenykh. [Animal husbandry of Russia in conditions of WTO: mater. Int. scientific. pract. conf. young scientists]. Orel: Izd-vo Orel GAU, 2013. pp.344-346.
10. Plokhinskiy N.A. Matematicheskie metody v biologii. [Mathematical methods in biology]. Moscow: MGU, 1978. 226 p.