Influence of phyto-bacterial complex FANTPLUS on clinical and biochemical status of pigs
Ivanovsky А.А., DSc in veterinary, head of laboratory,
Zhizhina А.А., graduate student,
Latushkina N.А., associated researcher,
Timkina Е.Yu., PhD in agriculture, Scientific Secretary
North-East Agricultural Research Institute, Kirov, Russia
The article presents results of studies on the effect of the complex FANTPLUS made on the basis of micro-organisms Lactobacillus plantarum and Rhaponticum carthamoides on clinical and biochemical status of pregnant sows and weaned piglets. The experiments were conducted in JSC "Zarech'e" (Kirov) on 60 weaned piglets of 2-months age and 60 pregnant sows of large white breed for 1 month prior to the expected farrowing. A month after the start of the experiment in the blood serum of experimental groups of pigs levels of ALT and AST decreased by 6.3…14.8% and 9.8…12.9% respectively while the level of alkaline phosphatase - by 1.4…2.8%, MDA - by 4.8…14.6%; it is also pointed out increased of ceruloplasmin by 20%. Insignificant change in the level of glucose and cholesterol levels and increase the total protein is noted. Preservation of the piglets upon termination of observations in the control was 94%, while in the test group where FANTPLUS was administered at a dose of 0.5 g / head per day - 100%. Experiment on gestating sows showed that after applying FANTPLUS at a dose of 1.0 g / head per day AST level in serum of experimental groups of pigs decreased by 16.7…38.5%, ALT – by 13.3…30.8% whereas in the control group they were above normal. There was a decrease in MDA level by 7.1% and 31.9%; and increasing SH-groups of proteins by 12.5 and 20%. In addition, pigs experimental groups showed an increase in the level of ceruloplasmin by 3.4…32.2%. As a result of FANTPLUS usage in sows whitin a month it was found that their clinical condition was within the physiological norm and the resulting offspring proved to be quite viable. The experiments revealed that the use of FANTPLUS in weaned pigs during the month at a dose of 0.5 g per head per day helps to improve their clinical and biochemical status.
Keywords: FANTPLUS, Leuzea, ecdysteroids, probiotics, blood biochemistry, sows, weaned piglets
1. Ivanovskiy A.A., Timkina E.Yu., Ogarkova I.S. Vliyanie preparata BTsL i kompleksa iz levzei na belykh myshey. [Influence of the drug complex of the BCL and levzea on white mice]. Agrarnaya nauka Evro-Severo-Vostoka. 2012. no. 1 (26). pp. 42-45.
2. Ivanovskiy A.A., Timkina E.Yu., Markova I.S. Vliyanie probiotikov, bioinfuzina i fitokompleksa FANT na sostoyanie krovi suporosnykh svinomatok. [Influence of probiotics and Bioinfusin phytocomplex FANT on the status of blood of pregnant sows]. Agrarnaya nauka Evro-Severo-Vostoka. 2013. no. 3 (34). pp. 52-56.
3. Ivanovskiy A.A., Timkina E.Yu., Ogarkova I.S. Vliyanie fito-kompleksa s levzeey, bioinfuzina i baktotsellolaktina na immunno-biokhimicheskiy status porosyat. [Influence of phytocomplex with Leuzea, Bioinfusin and baktotsellolaktin on immuno-biochemical status of piglets]. Agrarnaya nauka Evro-Severo-Vostoka. 2012. no. 4 (29). pp. 49-51.
4. Shevchenko A.I., Nozdrin G.A., Smolovskaya O.V., Lelyak A.I. Vliyanie Probiotikov Vetoma 1.1, vetoma 13.1, selena i sinbioticheskikh kompleksov na ikh osnove na myasnuyu produktivnost' gusey. [Influence of probiotics Vetom 1.1, Vetom 13.1, selenium and sinbiotic complexes meda on their base on meat productivity of goose]. Dostizheniya nauki i tekhniki APK. 2009. no. 4. pp. 48-50.
5. Kamyshnikov V.S. Spravochnik po kliniko-khimicheskoy laboratornoy diagnostike. [Handbook on clinical-chemical laboratory diagnostics]. Vol. 2. Minsk: Belarus', 2000. pp. 74-75.
6. Gavrilov V. B., Gavrilova A.R., Mazhul' L.M. Analiz metodov opredeleniya produktov perekisnogo okisleniya lipidov v syvorotke krovi po testu s tiobarbiturovoy kislotoy. [Analysis of estimation methods of products of lipid peroxidation in blood serum by test with thio-barbituratic acid]. Voprosy meditsinskoy khimii. 1987. no. 1. pp. 118-122.
7. Folomeev V.F. Fotokolorimetricheskiy ul'tra-mikrometod kolichestvennogo opredeleniya sul'fgidril'nykh grupp belka i nebelkovykh soedineniy krovi. [Photocolorometry ultra-micromethod of quantitative estimation of sulf-hydrile groups of protein and non-protein compounds of blood]. Laboratornoe delo. 1981. no. 1. pp. 33-35.
8. Laboratornye issledovaniya v veterinarii: Biokhimicheskie i mikologicheskie. [Laboratory investigations in veterinary: biochemical and micological]. Sost. Antonov B.I., Yakovleva T.I., Deryabina V.I. e.a. Moscow: Agropromizdat, 1991. 286 p.
9. Smirnova O.V., Kuz'mina T.N. Opredelenie lizotsimnoy i bakteritsidnoy aktivnosti. [Determination of lysozyme and bactericidal activity]. ZhMEI. 1966. no. 4. pp. 8-11.
10. Dorofeychuk V.G. Opredelenie aktivnosti lizotsima nefelometricheskim metodom. [Determination of the activity of lysozyme with nephelometric method]. Laboratornoe delo. 1968. no. 1. pp. 28-30.
11. Metody veterinarnoy klinicheskoy laboratornoy diagnostiki. [Methods of veterinary clinical laboratory diagnostics]. Pod. red. Kondrakhina I.P. Moscow: Kolos, 2004. pp. 49-63.